I'm The King Of Second Chancin'

Josh's P.O.V:

Grace and I have just been released from the hospital after getting our injuries tended to. The extent of hers however were far worse than mine. We're now sitting on the couch in her apartment, no words being spoken between us. I don't know how we're going to move past this, but I know we have to. I'm not going to leave her, I'm not going to let her wither away, even though I know that's all she wants right now.

"You need to eat. What do you want me to make you?" I ask gently, as I put my hand over hers.

She looks up, with a questioning glance. She must not have heard me while she was so deep in thought.

"I said that you need to eat something, is there anything specific you're wanting?" I repeat myself. She just shrugs shoulders and goes back to staring off into space.

I call her favourite Chinese restaurant and order all of her favourite dishes, hoping that it could at least take the edge off of her pain. When the food arrives I make 2 plates and I set one down on the coffee table in front of Grace. I turn on the television and put on Aladdin, knowing that will make her forget about things for a little while. We eat in silence, and I hold her for the remainder of the movie.

At the end of the movie she turns to me.

"Josh, thank you. Thank you for saving me, thank you for not leaving after what I put you through. I'm so sorry." She says with tears building up in her big blue eyes.

I pull her closer into me, and rub her hair.

"What he did was not your fault." I say firmly. "You are not responsible for anyone's actions but your own. And I don't want you blaming yourself for any of it. We are going to get through this together. I'm never going to leave your side Porcelain."

After a few minutes I feel her breathing start to slow down, and her body begins to relax in my arms. we've had a long few days, and she is exhausted. We lay like that for a few more hours. I love watching her sleep. So innocent and care free.

Eventually I sweep her up into my arms and carry her to her bed, placing her down gently so as not to wake her. I place a soft kiss on her forehead and tuck her in.

"Goodnight Porcelain, I love you." I whisper as I turn off the lights and close the door behind me.