Chapter 1 - Fresh Crimson

A/N: Trigger Warning: self harm, I hope you enjoy.

Valkyrie's POV:

In a desperate despair I pulled the blade along my arm, only lightly as not to nick an artery and bleed out. I grunted slightly as fresh crimson blood trickled down my arm creating a small puddle on the bathroom floor. I looked at my reflection and smiled. It was ironic really enjoying the pain. I cut again creating large red rivers flowing down my arm. I stood and watched the blood until it dried. Leaving me to clear off the rusted stains that remained. I left the house and went to Skulduggery's. I took out my key and stepped into the seemingly empty house. I took a knife from the rack and walked up to my room, also thankfully empty. I sent Skul a text.

Me: where r u?

Skulduggery : In my house. Why?

Me: Dw, Can I come in?

Skulduggery: You already did, besides don't use abbreviations please.

Me: K

Skulduggery: Again.

Me: Ok. Satisfied.

Skulduggery: Not even remotely.

Me: ...

Skulduggery: Come downstairs and talk to me like a real person.

Me: Not a chance

Skulduggery: Val...

Me: Nope

Skulduggery: VALKYRIE!

Me: NO

Skulduggery: I am coming upstairs...  I heard him walking.

Me: fine I am coming down.

He went away again.

I had recorded myself shouting 'help' and turned up the volume on my phone. I placed it on the floor, drew the curtain and opened the window. I managed to put the closet (doors open) on a box so it was at an odd angle.

Then I shoved and ran for the window as the recording started. Jumping out I rolled when I hit the floor and I ran. Just in time to hear Skulduggery call

" Valkyrie, Valkyrie! VALKYRIE!"