twenty-six

I'm rereading our love letters, your emotions spilled on paper all about our first adventure.
And I'm filled with gratitude, filled with love. I have my perfect love story, with all its imperfections.
I have the love of my life, one worth fighting for every time.

You wrote what you love about me, my laugh and my quirks. I feel it's my turn to return the favor. With the hopes that you may see yourself like I do.

I love your smile, I really do.
I love your eyes, if we ever have children I wish they had yours.
I love your chinos, your haircuts, you.
I love your determination, your thirst for greatness and unbelievable strength.
I love how you look when you cook, peaceful and inventive. I also love how you cook.
I love how you love your pets, laying on the floor, holding them close.
I love that you want me to shave your head, when we both know I'm no good.
I love that my jokes make you laugh.
I love that you hold my hand while you drive.
I love your silly mood.
I love your serious mood.
I love your ambition and the support you have for mine.
I love your dances in the car.
I love your voice following a melody.
I love how you wash your teeth in the shower, even if it's always twice.
I love your weird thoughts and I love you sharing them with me.
I love that your willing to show me your vulnerability, I love that you know I'll always be there.
I love the way you support your friends.
I love that you only share animal adoptions.
I love that you share with me when you see something you like. Or something I like.
I love your willing to fight, even when there is no more fighting left in you.
I love that you make me a better person, you call on my bullshit, you teach me so much.
I love your work ambition, your designs and your dreams.
I love you holding me while falling asleep, I even love you stealing all the space.

I love the idea of always, you and me.
So just know I'm in it for the long run, I really am.