my parents

To my father
What can I say about the greatest man in my life? The man that taught me so much and gave me so much.
Thank you for showing me what outstanding means, for being an example of never giving up, never looking down.
I know you are hurting with the aspects of this adult life and yet you are strong, strong enough to admit setbacks and even stronger to keep fighting. Strong enough to keep laughter going and hopes flowing.
I've seen you in battle and for me victorious is what you have always been, I'm sorry for whatever pain you've felt because of us and I can only hope you can grow from it.
Thank you for confiding in me and showing me what a true human being is. I have learned so much from you and I know that I will continue to do so.
To my superhero, to my clown... I am forever thankful to be your daughter.
I love you to the moon and back.

To my mother
I know you worry too much about us, about me.
I know you work hard for us.
I know you fight everyday to give us the best there is.
Thank you for being everything I have ever needed and for teaching me what brave and strong means. I know life isn't really what you expected it to be but I am damn sure that you make the best of it. Every. Single. Day.
Thank you for the decisions you've made to educate us, to make of us good people. Thank you for the parts of your life that were sacrificed for us, for this family. I have learned so much from watching you day to day, you've taught me how to love who I am; how to respect and care for everything surrounding me; how to fight for what is respectfully mine, and most importantly, you have taught me to keep my head held high, to be strong.
I am forever grateful to be your daughter.
I love you every day.