CHAPTER 7

Right. He was a jealous man. And that façade made me believe that what we had was magical. I fell for his actions not knowing that I was the only one stuck into the blackhole of our relationship. I was so busy trying to fit into his ideal woman and I failed to realize that as I try so hard to hold him, I was also slowly losing myself. But now I know better never to let other people's perception of you shape you. I have forgotten that I am a Fontanares at that time. Those mistakes pushed me to become a better version of myself. I am a woman of my own, and I stand for that.

Meeting with him brought back the memories I tried so hard to bury. Bakit ba kasi hindi ko nalaman agad iyon? I was so preoccupied that I forgot to ask kung kaninong kompanya ang ire-represent ko. On my way to my parent's house, I dialled Elizabeth's number. After two rings she answered it and I immediately lashed out.

"What have you done? You didn't tell me it's the ABC Agency!" Thinking about that guy still irritates me.

"Is something wrong? I thought you would be happy about it since it's also a nice opportunity. The company is huge and known."

"Well guess what? I am more than surprised! I don't like this company, I told you I want to have a break but you still pushed through without informing me ahead of time!" Nagpupuyos na ako sa inis.

" Okay calm down. I'm sorry it's my fault. Have you sign the contract? If not then maybe I'll find a way around it."

I sighed and tried to calm myself down. Wala na din naman kaming magagawa.

"Well it's too late. I'm sorry I shouted, I will handle it."

"Sure. Tell me if there's another problem and by the way, may I know why you're suddenly so furious about this?"

Sandali akong natahimik, contemplating if I should tell her or not. But in the end I just shut my mouth. Kung sasabihin ko man sa kaniya, mas mabuting sa personal na dahil sigurado akong marami din siyang tanong.

"Nothing, just forget about it. I have to go now, I arrived at my destination."

She sighed before speaking.

"Sure. Please take care of yourself. Eat on time. I'm worried about you that's why I wanted to accompany you there but you just won't let me."

"It's okay Beth. I can take care of myself. See you soon." I smiled inwardly. I am thankful I have met Elizabeth and Flavio. They were with me for the past years and that really helped me a lot.

Bumaba na ako sa taxi para makapasok sa mansiyon. It's been years since I last came here pero wala paring nagbabago maliban na lang sa pinalitan ng mas bagong pintura ang labas ng bahay. Manong Romeo, our bodyguard for years now opened the gate for me, smiling.

"Magandang araw ho ma'am! Nakabalik na po pala kayo."

"Good morning manong. Opo, noong isang araw lang. Kumusta na po?" I smiled at him.

Growing up, I was taught to respect other people regardless of their life status. My mom always reminded me that the hierarchy of life existed because people acknowledged it. She told me to disregard the ranks the community inflicted and focus on the true nature of people instead. Respect should be earned with morals and not money.

Isa siguro ito sa dahilan kung bakit nagtatagal sa amin ang mga trabahante. We acknowledge their human rights and respected them so they did the exact same thing. We've always been close with our workers and I like it that way.

"Mabuti naman po ma'am. Pasok na po kayo, naghihintay na po si madam sa loob."

I nodded at him before entering the house. I looked around the place that has been my home since I was a child. Paingtings, vases and vintage things can be seen inside our home. My mommy has always love classic things kaya ganoon din ang vibes na mararamdaman mo kapag pumasok ka sa pintuan. Our large family portrait was also displayed on the wall of our living room.