Fearing

Gustave's Point of View🌹

I was back in the tunnels, my little tewlve-year-old brain racing through everything i had just seen. 

My dad... and Trixie? I couldn't even start to think of that. I thought that he loved Mother... had he really forgotten her that easily?

Trixie was Patricia Giry, Meg's long lost cousin. 

Don't forget that Father loved Trixie.

I crumpled to the ground and cried.

Gustave... what's wrong?

"Mother... Trixie and Father... Oh!" I cried.

I saw a glow come up to me, and knew it was her.

Darling, don't you wish for your friend and your father to be happy? I told him he needs to let me go, and I told him to love Patricia. She will be good for him. You all need to heal.

She paused for a moment, before continuing.

None of you have thought about Megan. Poor Meg, she has been trying to kill herself! My best friend, trying to kill herself, because of her guilt. Because of how she's been treated. 

I heard emotion in her words, and bit my lip. 

Gustave. Your father loves Patricia. They would never hurt each other, or you. Go on, now. 

I heard giggles from the lair, and sighed. Grumbling, I went back to them.

Mother's glow vanished, and i sensed that she was gone.