Her Son, Case closed

The evening of the ball finally approaches. Mary and I finally arrive at the Viscount's manor, entering the large ballroom. I'm wearing a dark blue overcoat with silver trim and a white undershirt, followed by dark blue dress pants and black dress shoes. I wear a dark blue top hat with silver ribbon and a white feather. Mary wore a simple black dress. Once we entered people began to whisper. I seemed to be mistaken for Ciel at first glance but if you looked closer I had my mother's skin and facial features. I looked around "Mary, search this mansion from top to bottom and help any children still here to safely escape, you have an hour while I distract Druitt" I order, the contract symbol on the palm of my hand glowed green slightly but my white and silver gloves hid it. Mary bowed "yes, my lord" she says before walking off, my sapphire gaze scans the room and I spot the Viscount who was now in his late fourties but he still seemed to charm every woman in the room. I made my way over to him, preparing myself for the interaction, I just hope Mary is quick. 

Mary's POV

I searched the manor before going into the basement. I sensed the souls of two young girls. I got the bottom of the steps and spotted them huddled in a corner. They were trembling and we're emitting a large mass of fear, I slowly walked over to them "hello. Please don't be afraid. I'm here to save you, can you tell me your names and where the other children might be?" I ask, taking on a sweet motherly voice. The children relaxed only slightly "I-I'm Briar and this i-is Cora" One of them says. She had pale olive skin like mine, shiny golden brown hair and emerald green eyes, the other had blonde hair and sky blue eyes. Briar continued "the o-others were s-sold" she says, I sigh and extend my hands which both of them hesitantly take. I picked them up in each of my arms "tonight you will be staying with my master at the Phantomhive estate and tomorrow we will bring you home" I explain, the girls nod.

I go out a back way and around, telling them to wait in the carriage. I walk back inside and spot my master, boredly conversing with the viscount. I walk up them "master, I believe it is time to go" I say, interrupting them. Devat nods and excuses himself, leading me out of the ballroom and into the carriage. 

Devat's POV

We sit in the carriage and I notice the two girls, Mary explains what she found out and I nod and turn to the girls, my expression softening "hello, I am Devat Fleur Phantomhive, Earl and head of the Phantomhive family and estate. It's late so when we will return I'll have my chef prepare you something to eat and Mary will take you to bed. Tomorrow morning we will return you to the Orphanages, how does that sound?" I ask, the two girls light up and smile "thank you, sir!" Cora says sweetly and Briar nods. We begin our journey home and I couldn't help but continue to stare at Briar. For an eight year old she was quite pretty, her eyes reminded me of emerald gems, her skin was like the color of Vanilla flower petals and her brown hair with shiny strands of gold reminded me of a Briar bush. I finally averted my eyes, so the Viscount had stolen these girls to sell at a black market auction. I would have to send a letter to the queen so he could finally be arrested. As for the other girls I'm sure Scottland yard could track them down.

Once we arrived Cora took Mary's hand as she lead the two girls towards the dinning room, I was halfway up the steps when I felt someone atop me, I turned and was met with those beautiful emerald eyes. She was hesitant and a very light blue dusted her face "u-um...Devat, thank you" she said, her voice was quiet and I she admired gently, patting her head lightly "no need to thank me. I was only doing my duty. If you need anything or have any questions feel free to ask me or Mary" I assure her, she smiles gently and nods, racing back down the stairs and after the other two. I made my way to my room and waited patiently for an hour or so and Mary finally entered to help me get ready. As she was sliding my night attire over my head I met her neon lime green eyes "what is your opinion of my wish to possibly marry?" I asked her. I asked her advice on personal things like this often and she always told me the truth so I usually only asked her these things unless I felt like speaking to my mother. She was quiet felt or a moment before she stood, her eyes closed and her expression gentle "well, you are not in an arranged marriage as most Nobles usually are, so it is really not my place to tell you what to do. I have no opinion. I am your loyal knight and you are my king. Should the king wish for a queen I shall not object or intervene, I carry out your orders and will always make your wishes a reality. If you want a queen I will help you in any way you wish, though this choice is all your own. I will not question nor object your decisions" she explains to me and bows slightly as I nod in understanding. 

I'll speak to Briar about it in the morning. It is her choice now. Finally Mary tucks me into bed all day blows out the candles in the room before silently leaving. The moonlight slides through my windows and I sigh before shutting my eyes and drifting off. 

---------------------------------

Words (not including any messages in bold): 1006