< H >

⍟⍟⍟

⍟⍟⍟

And sometimes against all odds,
against all logics, we still hope.❞

★━━──━━★

"Koya!" Her voice echoed through the long corridor of the basement, as she sprawled on the carpeted floor, peeking under the wooden console table. Her copper brown thick hair in a side braid, hanging above her shoulder.

"Where the fuck did you go now bro?" She closed her greyish blue eyes shut, as her cheek squished against the floor, lying upside down in the middle of the way in her baggy trousers and panda shirt. This wasn't how she had planned to begin her Sunday morning.

Meow. Her eyes snapped to the front, her chin hitting the floor now. There she was, catwalking her way towards her owner, laying on the floor lazily.

"This fucking.....cutie!" Her frustration was immediately replaced with love as the cat purred while lovingly joining her little nose into hers, Nimra returned the affection by running her fingers through the persian cat's white heavy fur, it's bright blue eyes mesmerizing her greyish blue ones again.

"When will you stop intruding into the guest house secretly Koya!" She lifted her legs upwards swaying them back and forth, still laying there, as she positioned her elbows on the floor, while Koya stepped near to her, placing a paw over her hand, satisfied with the soft patting on her head.

Her parents owned a huge guest house in the city of Seville, Spain. It was their house as well. And it was a special kind of guest house, where everyone lived like a family since most residents were permanent emigrants. The ground floor was where the reception and her small family including one useless brother, one disrespectful sister, she as their eldest sister and her mom and dad lived, the first floor was the mess, where everyone gathered three times a day to eat altogether, while the other six floors and basement included rooms for guests, #1 till #70.

"What a scene to begin my day with." A male voice had Nimra roll her eyes as she rolled over on the floor, sitting upright, scooping Koya into her arms.

"I know right. We're just too cute." She scrunched her nose up with a playful smile looking at her cat.

"Yeah right, such a cute way to welcome the guests every Sunday morning. If Hameed uncle would've seen you here like this, that'd be cuter, no?" Almeer joked. He was a young man, computer engineer, who was one of their longest and first guest at the guest house.

"Oh please, shut up! Moun acha na ho, tou baat achi kar leta hai banda." Nimra scoffed at him, replaying the memory of Hameed uncle, an elderly man who lived in the room opposite to Almeer. The man had a strong disliking towards cats and Nimra too, because of her bold and care-free nature probably.