C.8

TW: Mentions of death and abuse. Swearing.

Now, this is something Andromeda never thought she would do. She never thought she'd be standing at the front door of Malfoy Manor but she was. When she broke off from her family all those years ago she never wanted to have to do it again so she stayed away to protect herself from going through that pain of losing them again.

Andromeda loved her sisters but what she didn't love was the decisions they were making, especially Bella. Bellatrix was power hungry and driven by the need to please their parents, Narcissa also was driven by the need to please their parents but she was also blinded by love.

There was no doubt in Andromeda's mind that Lucius loved her sister. However, that doesn't make him a good person. She knew that he would do anything for her but just like Bella, he was also power hungry and the poor decisions he made not only affected him and put him in danger, it put Narcissa in danger too.

Andromeda didn't want to knock on the door but she couldn't just break in, right? Sure it was rude but Lucius wouldn't just open the door and welcome her in. So she did what she thought was logical. She broke in.

"Alohomora".

To her surprise it unlocked. She opened the door as quietly as she possibly could and stepped inside. Andromeda knew Lucius didn't have a wand but that didn't mean this wouldn't get her killed. She knew he had his ways.
"Now, what do you think you're doing?" A voice said coming from her left.

Andromeda froze in place holding her wand tightly in her right hand turning her knuckles white, she slowly moved her head to the left.

"My sister."

Lucius laughed. "You think she wants to see you after all these years? You broke her when you left and I had to put her back together. She hates you. She hates you for leaving and choosing some stupid mudbl-"

Andromeda did not let him speak any further. "I broke her? Lucius, do you see what she's done and what she's gone through in the past few years because of you?" she turned to face him completely now. "How dare you. I watch my sister from afar in the daily paper and each photoshoot, each cover photo she looks more and more like a walking corpse." Andromeda was shouting now against her better judgment. "You haven't just broken her, you ruined her and now you're slowly killing her." Lucius's face began to twist with rage. "The boy and girl too, my niece and nephew. I don't think I've ever seen a photo with a smile on either of their faces because you're sucking the life out of them just like you did with my sister, you're killing them too. They're just kids".

"Get out of my house now or I'll kill you. You will not talk to me about my OWN family like this" He shouted at her. Andromeda did not fear him, she would not herself be pushed around by him.

"I'm not scared of you, your threats mean nothing to me".

"You stupid witch." He scoffed at her words.

"I know she's dying, Lucius. I want to see her."

Mentioning his wife's state sent him over the edge. "I said GET OUT-" Lucius began to lunge forward.

"She can stay," A third voice said.

Andromeda turned to see someone she barely recognized. It made her heart ache. Although she wasn't dead it was the ghost of someone she once knew, her sister.

*

Elide had a lot going on in her own life and that was certainly no secret but she couldn't help but want to figure out what her brother was doing around Potter. It simply made no sense to her when she would find her mind wandering to the day she found both boys together at the astronomy tower. It puzzled her like, really puzzled her. Why had Harry Potter, Draco's enemy since first year, looked at her brother like that. Elide continued to ponder this while staring at the top of her bed canopy.