ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕖𝕟

"Nicki he's late, he's supposed to be here. What if something happened to him?" I sat alone outside the bunker on the phone as Lauren freaked out in my ear. She was on the phone rambling on about how my plan wasn't falling through that this was a big mistake. She was right, something was off, this could be a mistake.

Greggory left a note saying he has something important to tell me, not everyone, me. I thought it was strange for him to only want to speak to me but I went against my doubt and wrote back. Now I'm alone in the dark waiting on him, freaking out worrying if something does go wrong.

I may talk like I have everything figured out sometimes. The truth is, I'm completely terrified. I feel like a little girl all over again, "Lo your freaking me the hell out. Look you guys are not that far from me, just shut up and keep lo-," I heard something snap out in the distance, "please tell me that's a coyote coming to rip me apart and not some pedophile."

"Oh my gosh Nicki!"

"What? What do you see Lo?"

"It's Greggory......oh my gosh he's hurt." The phone beeped letting me know she ended our call. I strained my eyes looking in the direction the was coming from  until I saw him. I gasped at the bloody sight of I was looking at. His face looked all mangled like someone beat him with a bat.

I couldn't move, I felt my heart beating out of my chest but I couldn't move. The closer he got the more I wanted to run, yo scream even but my body was glued in place. That's when I felt it, a pair of hands wrap around my waist. They pulled me up against someone, "your mine now babydoll."

"NO!" I sprang forward out of my sleep grabbing at my chest. My heart was racing so fast it feels like I'm possibly having a heart attack. What the hell was that dream about? Why am I even dreaming about pedophiles? It felt so real too, like he was here touching me.

The door to my room bursts open and my father comes in my room with a bat scaring me all over again. He flicked on my light to look around my room then stops at me, "you okay we heard you screaming?"

"It's just a bad dream I'm fine." He let out a sigh of relief. I didn't realize my screaming was that loud, it didn't seem like it. "Nicki how many times do we have to tell you to close your window before going to bed. Something could fly in since your screen is missing." I watched him walk over to my window and shut it, latching it one time. That's weird, before I went to sleep it was close. It wasn't latched but it definitely was closed, none of my friends stopped by for it to even be open. "I must've forgot, sorry dad."

"It's fine. Go drink some water or something to calm down." I nodded, I waited for him to leave so I can get up. At night I don't sleep with a lot of clothes on, so I had no pants on. My dad took the hint and left out the room turning off my light behind him.

Slipping on some shorts and my slippers, I went downstairs to the kitchen. Mom made brownies last night and still had them out, this time in a bowl covered up with foil. I poured me a cup of milk before grabbing two corner pieces then returned right back to my room, "what the hell?" My window was open. I put my stuff down and turned on the light.

There's no way I'm dreaming, my dad closed the window so why is it open. Someone is in my room, that's the only thing that would make sense.

No impossible.

It's not possible to come into my room without me putting down the rope. When I went to bed it was tucked behind my headboard. Now it's hanging out of my window so someone definitely was in here. I ran out of my room running all the way to the front door going to the window where my room is.

My room is on the second floor, you would have to scale the privacy fence to even get on the roof below it. It's hard but not impossible, my friends don't know how to do it which is why I throw down the rope. The privacy fence can expand and shrink, my father made it for when mom and I are back here lounging around by the pool. He caught a neighbor peeping once and put it up. We only expand it when someone is out here, never at night.