Chapter Two

'But perhaps the monsters needed to look out for each other every now and then'

...

Magnus spins around in his chair before standing. Alec watches from across the room in concern at the sound of worry in his boyfriends voice.

"And do tell me what my dragonfly has gotten into now."

"She's dead." The voice on the other end of the phone states bluntly.

The glass in the warlocks hand shatters as it hit the ground.

"Magnus?" Alec hurry's to his boyfriends side.

Swallowing his tears Jeremy continues. "But not completely."

Instead of grief that once previously rested on the warlocks face a look of confusion and anger replaces it.

"And what do you mean by that?" He try's his best not to growl the words in the phone.

"It's a long story but in short her brother came back and in the process of killing him she killed herself but I can see dead people and she's standing in front of me saying you know how to get her back." The boy on the other end sounds confused by his own explanation.

"And how do I know your telling the truth. How can I possibly know that you didn't kill sage yourself and your leading me to you to kill me."

Alec face falls at the name of his friend.

Jeremy sighs into the phone before pulling it away from his ear and looking at sage.

"He doesn't believe me."

Sage rolls her eyes at her friends stubbornness. "Tell him that the first thing He said to me was 'good morning sleeping beauty'".

Jeremy repeats. "The first thing you said to her was 'good morning sleeping beauty'"

A warm smile breaks out in the warlocks face.

"Well then it seems you do know my dragonfly. Now how can I help."

...

Alec walks into the institute in a hurry immediately catching the attention of his sister adoptive brother and clary.

"brother, what's the rush?" Isabelle questions from behind a desk.

"Sage got herself into trouble in mystic falls and she needs Magnus's help. I'm going with him but I needed to grab some weapons in case." He answers as he grabs his bow and wooden arrows laced with vervain and wolfsbane.