1.

Somewhere on Earth and in a populated country, in a secret location, away from the citizens, there was a lab. A lab that happens to have many successes and just today, an accident as well.

***

"The test subjects should arrive in a few minutes. I'm assigned to test some formulas. And what about you, old man?"

"First of all, don't call me an old man. I'm only 5 years older than you."

The younger took a good look around his colleague's workroom and couldn't help but to ask. "Yeah, yeah. But really, what are you working on and what are those heavy looking boxes?"

"I'm glad you asked. Well, remember those dangerous animals on the news?"

"Oh, you mean those snakes in the south?" He asked and received a nod. "Aren't they in the 'List of Animals Who Are an Intellectual' and stuff?"

"Yeah, they are. The higher-ups there are scared those beasts would attack their netizen. They only have enough money to defend themselves against the rest of the world and now they're stuck with these beasts as well."

The younger deep in his thoughts answered back, "Wait, but why don't the people that live there get rid of them themselves?"

"These creatures are scary as fuck, that's why."

"How so?"

"Yesterday, when that snake arrived, it fucking talked."

"Wait, what? No fucking way! I'd shit my pants."

"Trust me, I was about to. So apparently from what the delivery guy told me, someone illegally tested a formula on them. Maybe you've already seen it on the news, but he got caught and he is supposed to be big brain and shit, because he made a formula much stronger than what we're used to."

"So that's why they can talk in such a short time?"

"Indeed."

"Can't they send those animals to Mars instead? If the formula is that strong then it's better to work on it in Mars since they have much better equipment's there."

"That's what I said too! But they said it's too dangerous apparently. Something about the snake being too smart and that it could escape. I hardly doubt that, but okay.

Anyways, I'm taking too long. I should just inject the snake already and get this over with."

The younger's face expression turned into a sour one and got off his seat. "Yeah, I'm not staying here and watch that thing only to see it in my nightmares later."

"Alright, suit yourself." The scientist shrugged and stood up from his seat.

"Will do. I'm gonna go and wait for those rabbits to arrive. Bye –old man."

The older one made sure the younger saw his middle finger before he left his vision. 

"Now... In which box is that freak? Aha! Found you."

The scientist made his way to the right box and placed it on his desk. He set up his tools and equipment ready for the process and due to his fear, he quickly putted on some gloves to protect his hands. Shakily, he opened the heavily secured box and wished for it to end as quickly as it started.

"Sss... Get your hanthss off of me."

"Shut up."

He placed the snake in a customized chain-like cuff so that it wouldn't escape. He opened a drawer and pulled out a syringe to what appears to be the one mentioned in the chat the scientists were having. With the syringe in his hand, he got closer to the cold-blooded animal who was trembling in fear.

Just when he was about to inject the dangerous creature-

Bam! Bang!

He noticed his colleague standing in front of his window and banging his hand on it to get his attention. He was in a jacket to keep him warm against the weather with a grin that managed to annoy the man behind his desk, no matter how many times he sees it.

He opened the window and regretted the very next second he did.

"Hey, old man! The rabbits arrived!"

"How many times have I told you to not call me that!"

As the old man made his way towards the door to exit the room, unlike the human, the eyes of the soon-to-be-experimented-on snake succeeded on seeing the small mistake of incoordination the foot made, by stepping on a mass of unused wires.

At least that's what the scientist thought.

Because in that mass of wires there was a spark of electric.

In that mass of trash and bacteria, that one wire let to something –a lot of things actually.

First of all, to a disaster for the scientists. Secondly, to an escape ticket for the sneaky snake. And lastly, the literal one, it led to a tank.

And on that tank, there was a piece of paper stuck to it.

Powerful chromosome parts for mitosis. From: Unknown species on Mars

It seemed the scientists in the lab had yet to fully experiment on what appeared to look like a sort of liquid. And it appeared they would have another experiment with it again, an unintentional one that should've happened behind secured doors.

Because the moment the little sneaky spark of electric touched the tank, it opened.

Just a little bit, a really small opening, really. Just enough for it to drop a little.

Just enough for it to form a little puddle on the shelf underneath it that wasn't fully placed straight, just enough for it glide with the gravity towards the corner of the shelf, just enough for it to drop from the shelf directly onto the opened mouth of the snake, whose dark little orbs has been watching the entire process with hope.

And perhaps the scientist who was assigned with this task should've paid more attention to what the delivery man told him. How sad, his age was really limiting things for himself. While he was at the lab he might as well should've experimented on how good his hearing was.

The guy really wasn't kidding when he informed the old man about the high possibilities for the snake to escape. Because the animal was smart to use its new ability to split itself into two different beings to get out of the customized cuffs, they were yet again smart to escape the lab without being suspicious, they were also smart to sneak their way into the city.

"Which hospital? Thank you, I'm on my way!"

They were almost smart enough to choose their pray to expand their family, by hiding in the backpack owned by none other than Carl Ace. Who was quite in a hurry too for some reason.

---

Don't forget to vote! ^^