1• Godfather

Chapter 1 - Godfather

*POV ~ NEWT*
The whole ride here I held Luna's body as close as possible because I couldn't get the image of her being stabbed out of my mind. Whenever I turned my head to look at the others, they all gave the red head a sympathetic look and what she had to endure in the last hour. I couldn't even begin to image what she must me feeling.

As soon as we landed on the ground the man that saved us opened the door and we couldn't have imagined what we would have to face. Ear torturing screeches filled the atmosphere as sand danced in the air and went in everyone's eyes. We heard gun shots send bullets through the air and then the battle cries when they met their targets. Me and Minho held onto Luna and ran as fast as we could to get to the building we all hoped would be a safe space.

'Gotta move! Not safe out here kids!' One man said as he held his weapon up ready to defend me and others.

Once everyone was in the big building we all stood turning around to examine our new unknown surroundings. We were in front of multiple metal boxes and there were several stairs that led to higher levels. I wrapped Luna's arm around my shoulder to keep her up because I knew this running was draining her.

Alarms were blaring through the building and people were running here and there frantically trying to get things done.

Me and the gladers were guided to a room which had a table with chairs and a sofa that laid on the floor. Before any off us could ask any sort of questions, the man that led us up here closed the mechanical door and we heard the lock click.

Everyone ordered Luna to lay on the sofa to try get some rest but I knew that there were hundreds of thoughts rushing around her mind and all I wanted to do was take them away so she can be happy. I've never felt so angry until I heard the horrid words that vile man said to the girl I love. Now I can picture her mind torturing her and telling her that she's not good enough but in reality she's the complete opposite. None of us deserve Luna yet she stays with us and follows us everywhere.

About an hour of quietness passed before we heard the creaking of the door open. Everyone one got up and me and Minho helped the injured red head again who thanked us with a tired smile. Once we were with the other gladers at the front a tall man who looked a bit like a rat with brownish grey hair walked through the door frame and just stopped in front in Thomas and Luna.

'You kids doing alright?' His deep voice asked with a smile on his wrinkled face.

'Just dandy.' The British girl muttered under her breath.

'Sorry about all the fuss, bit of a swarm.' The rat man scoffed.

'Who are you?' Thomas questioned as he scanned the older man up and down.

'I'm the reason you're all still alive and it's my intention to keep you that way. Now, come with me.' The man gestured his arm out to behind him to inform us that we needed to follow him.