chapter 13

It's Sunday evening and I'm hanging out with the others. We're all in Katsuki's room. Kiri, sero and denki are watching You Tube and Jirou is beating Bakugou's ass in Mario Kart.
Mina sits down next to me.

"Hey kitten! I want to ask you something about what we talked about last week."
she's whispering and I turn to her.

"So do you have only like a little crush on Bakugou or is it like LOVE?"

"I-I- I uuuhm-"

"Oi HALF 'N' HALF WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO TURN MY BED INTO ASHES YOU BASTARD?"

What?
Oh no I'm burning again.

I turn off my quirk and put out the fire on the blanket with some ice.
"I-I'm sorry" I say, still flustered and blushing hard.

"hey don't yell at him Bakugou!"
mina yells.
He growls in response.
She turns back to me:
"Sooo...I'm just gonna take that as you agreeing to the second one."
she is wearing a big grin.

"Ye-Yeah. I'm- I don't know..."
I look down at the floor.

"Are you gomna ask him out?"

"no"

"Come on Sho, you just have to.
I know he likes you as a friend. So maybe even as more.
He has let down one wall around us. But around you he has let down like 2 or 3 if you know what I mean."

"You think so? You know what, I'll think about it. Thank you."
I say and she smiles at me like a crazy person.

Sure I am...as if.
Nope.
Not doing it.

~Timeskip- Monday Morning~

My alarm goes off and I see that Bakugou is already gone. He had to sleep in my dorm because I burnt his blanket and he couldn't get a new one on short notice.
I look at my phone. 1 new Message.

'father'

Hello Shoto. I will be back today. I will see you today for training. If you do not come, I will come and get you.

Me: I'm busy today. My friend wants to train with me.

Only a few seconds till I get a reply.

Well maybe your friend wants to train with the two of us. If you don't want that to happen, be home directly after school.

Me: I'll be there.

I go to the bathroom and get ready, when I'm done and dressed, I get my bag and go down stairs to the common room/ lounge.

Katsuki comes up to me.
"Oi let's go. We have to go get me a new blanket."

I nod and follow him. We still have 45 minutes till school starts, so it's okay.
We walk to some supply office and get him a new blanket, then we walk back.
"So how did you sleep?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"I had a Nightmare."

"Oh. I see.
"
"But it wasn't that bad."

"Awesome. Does that mean there is a chance that some day you won't need my help anymore?"

Hm. He may be right. We walk next to each other, staring straight forward.

"Hm. Maybe. But if that day comes, will we still be friends?"
I guess the question sounded very sad because he looks at me, first with worry and then gives me a weak smile.

"We can stay friends if you want to. I bet the others would miss you too. They have become quite fond of you y'know."

I chuckle and then smile at him. We continu to walk in silence for a bit.

"So what are we gonna do after school
?"

Oh no. Why did he have to ask that?
What should I say? Dentist Appointment? The truth?

"Ehm I have an Appointment."

"Do you?"

"Mhm"

"You have to tell me when you go home."

"Actually, I am."

"But Endeavor isn't home yet. I have to help Fuyumi out with some stuff.''

''okay that's nice.''
He smiles a little, probably knowing it's a lie.
When arrive back at the dorm and make our way to the school.

The schoolday was normal, I stared at Katsuki for like 80% of the time and debated whether or not I should tell him the truth.
I didn't.
We ate lunch, which I threw up again. I don't know why. It sucks because- in fact- it tasted very good.
But at least Katsuki sat next to my and rubbed my back, hugging me tightly when I ended up crying.

I got weird looks from Midoriya and the others. I haven't spoken to them in a long time. It's weird, but I don't miss them or anything. At all.

Then the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. I was the first one, out of class.
I practically RAN home, hoping 'father' hadn't hurt my big sister.
I wasn't in that bad of a mood, despite knowing what I had to do when school ended. I simply hoped that damn bell would never ring and I could stay in my bubble. The bubble inside which I don't have to think about anything.
The bubble where the only thing I have to worry about is how to play games I don't know or how to calm down the hot head that freaks out every time he looses or is looked at weirdly.
That bubble makes me feel safe. It makes me happy in spite of the shitshow of a life I have outside of it.

I want to go back there.
But I don't have a choice

Now, I stand infornt of the huge, mansion-like house, hoping my knees don't buckle and makes me land on the hard stone, that makes up the steps. My trembling legs are accompanied by quickening breathing.
But I bite down on my lip, squeezing my hand into a trembling fist.
I open the door and am met with a flaming fist to my stomach.

***
977 words