Chapter 8 A New Era for the Mist Zabuza vs Suigetsu

Where we previously left off, Lady Mizukage had tasked  AO and Chojuro were tasked to engage Konoha by the new Mizukage regarding the Akatsuki and re-securing one of the seven deadly blades.  AO left the room to form his team while Chojuro has always been plagued by his indecisiveness, however when it came to Mei the new Mizukage, he was petrified. Sure she was a fair maiden and a valued kunoichi of the Hidden Mist, a part of her always wanted to marry and retire one day. Chojuro was one a very selective few who openly knew this secret. Similar to a very attractive Sannin, Lady Mei had quite the reputation. Unfortunately,  the Mizukage's dream is becoming more and more of a fantasy, and the repertoire of the Blood mist wasn't helping to say the least. However, she never would have expected to be found marriable at this point in life so she accepted her fate. 

As fate would have it, Chojuro wanted to convey some determination for once. "Lady Mizukage...", Chojuro inquired profusely. "Yes Chojuro?", Lady Mizukage questioned. "w-w-Well you see, I know I'm gonna sound like a creep for saying this but here goes... I've always admired you!!!", Chojuro answered resolved. Mei believed Chojuro was being supportive and professional but the fair maiden thought the timid young Jonin rather cute, so she decided to humor him a bit. "Oh and what would you mean by that Chojuro? I may not look it but I'm a lot more than just your senior, Mizukage teased. 

"I must tread very carefully, if I so much as allude to her age, her hidden passions and rage will boil and rip me apart!!! No you've already passed the point of no return. Don't back out now..." Chojuro monologued to himself. Lady Mizukage got annoyed relatively quickly in spite of Chojuro's affliction.  She knows the tell-tale signs of Chojuro's inquiry. For the longest time her secret desire has alluded her and even so Chojuro is too young with a whole career ahead of him especially with the soon end of the blood mist village. "He knows not what he's saying. If this is some depraved joke by the council I swear I'll...", Mei snarled.  

The Mizukage would have continued if the indecisive Jonin hadn't inquired her attention. "Forgive me Lady Mizukage, it was too brazen of me!!!!"Chojuro was about to storm out of the office hiding his tear until, "Chojuro stop right there!!!", Lady Mei retorted. "She's mad", Chojuro lamented.  Even so he had no choice to face her. "y-y-y-y-Yes Lady Mizukage?", Chojuro asked respectfully. "It quite impressive that you have come to know of my secret desire, and I respect your new found courage; even if it is young lust. However, I take pride in my prestige in my role as shinobi as well as Mizukage. You are my direct subordinate second to Lord AO. I'm afraid it could never work, I'm sorry", Lady Mizukage declared begrudgingly. 

Both expected Chojuro to just remain his meek canon self and just leave the room. However, he surprisingly stood his ground. "No disrespect Lady Mizukage but I am not naïve. I am confessing like this because I... I..", Chojuro relents but his indecisiveness kicked in and he completely choked. However, before he can lament at his cowardice, he is embraced by the new leader. "I thought this would always allude me but even so I appreciate your confession. However the village and defeating the Akatsuki comes first. I expect not only you survive the battles to come, but once the threat is resolved a proper proposal ring and all!!!", Lady Mizukage smugly bequiffed. "Y-Yes Ma'am!!!", Chojuro complied and sent out to form the escort team for his lady's departure.  As Lady Mei is filing the proper paperwork for an audience with the leaf, she laments to herself, " He may have strengthened his resolve but if he's serious, I'll make him melt away". 

A few days passed, as Team Zabuza and Team Dosu had recently departed ways as the former decided to rest for the day while Team Dosu ventured to the reconnaissance camp outside of town.  After having time to rest, they decided to share a meal at the local restaurant. While they were about to pay and leave, they notice a group of service women crowding around a particular table. It's at this table,  where they encounter an old ally.