Chapter 14 The Cunning Serpent in the Grass Art is an Explosion!!!

After defeating the bandits, Zabuza decided to leave the team in command of Ebisu since he's compromise and fight against Ao will be a hindrance to the mission much to the kids chagrin. "Don't look at me like that runts. Ao might have put you all at risk but it was foolish to expose myself using the Executioner's Blade. I'll return to the hidden leaf taking full responsibility while Ebisu will push you forward to salvage the mess I made", Zabuza rebuked. "Zabuza...", Ebisu replied shocked. The Konohamaru trio were melancholy at leaving their master and sensei during the mission but even they knew it was for the best. Before the demon could depart however, another group of bandits, nearby mercenaries and shameless opportunistic business goons flanked our heroes continuing the fight once more.   

During this debacle, Lady Hokage has implemented a strategy to secure Sasuke's return by utilizing intel on Itachi and Kisame as bait. The rouge duo have just completed abducting and sealing away the four tails.  They are strangely resting at the old Uchiha hideout while recuperating from the sealing process in a small town of the surrounding area. "This mission will be a amalgamation mission between Team Kakashi and the former Team Kurenai. I will also deploy Sai to accompany and secure Sasuke's capture", Lady Hokage debriefed. The assigned teams understood their mission, however, a certain knucklehead deposed the simplicity of the plan. 

"Granny Tsunade please have some perspective. Sasuke has enduring agonizing pain and suffering for his revenge. Sure we could capture Sasuke but Itachi would still be in play. If Sasuke doesn't get his closure it'll drive him mad. A few years ago I became a father to Kitsune. I'm a Jinjuriki and I can't even comprehend if anything happened to him or worse the path he could undergo if the paths were reversed. Also I place the chakra for the Flying Raijin on Sasuke so we could swoop if Sasuke gets overwhelmed. All I ask is to please consider Lady Hokage...", Naruto bequiffed his plea. The Kunoichi even Lady Tsunade herself were driven to tears, however the reality of the situation had to be explored. "Naruto you are the nine tails Jinjuriki, the Akatsuki are after you. I won't have you risk being given up to an enemy over a promise to a foolish fangirl's crush. Sasuke was never going to feel the same way his pride and hatred were much too great and I really was foolish to think I could change him. Sasuke will no doubt have us for denying us his revenge, but at least he'll be alive and able to rebuild his clan with someone he cares for. You dream of becoming Hokage one day and have Kitsune, your son to look after. I refuse to let Sasuke or even the Akatsuki take you down with them ", Sakura tearfully entailed. "Sakura...", Naruto replied dumbfounded. 

The room was silent as everyone was amply processing and trying to quell the surging tension that has befallen them. Although she's usually not comfortable in these situations, Hinata chose to speak up for her friend and rival, "I know you don't believe that. Besides leaving the village and not letting you come with him were the hardest decisions he had to make. It's not that he didn't want to change and accept us. He was getting impatient in his growth and power to fuel his lust for revenge. In spite of his dedication, and ninja way, Orochimaru and the sound four exploited that trait; that's all that happened. Look at what's happened in recent events, Tayuya of the sound four, became Gaara's bride and is seeking redemption, and of course Sasuke absorbed and killed Orochimaru. All he wants is to fulfil his dream and avenge his fallen clan. After that I'm sure he'll come back to you", Hinata bellowed stunning the others. "H-How could you possibly believe that?!", Sakura tearfully retorted. "For one I wronged you regarding Sasuke. You were always all over him knowing full well of Naruto's feelings for you. I got jealous and said something I shouldn't have. Not to mention, it's thanks to Naruto and the others for having faith in me that I have even gotten this far and I was rewarded with the man of my life and a beautiful baby boy. There's nothing wrong with a little faith", Hinata replied endearingly. Everyone was inspired by the knucklehead couple and set out to they're mission with new vigor.