Chapter 13 The Fire of a New Generation InoShikaCho's Vengeful Melancholy

In the Aftermath, everyone returns to Konoha quelled with guilt, grief and defeat. Shikamaru doesn't say anything as he observes the situation and goes on to cope similar to in canon with Shukaku.  However, due to the endangerment of a bearing teammate, someone had some words to pick with the prodigy of the Nara clan. Remember back in Kakashi X Mina, which was Part one of this story, Sai was first assigned with Haku and Mina thus has strong bonds with Team 7 for a lot longer combined with his personal guilt and lust for redemption, with the Death of Asuma the tension finally boiled over. "It's like the chunin exams during our fight. I warned you this would happen. In spite of your genius, your arrogance has always been your akelas heel. How many have to risk their lives or worse to compensate for your hubris? What's your excuse for letting Asuma's Sensei's child become a bastard before its even born?!!!", Sai relented. This finally struck a nerve and caused the Nara clan member to lash out and thus a deadly rematch commenced. If they're previous battle was anything to go by, it would be rather intense however, its rather bleak and anticlimactic because Shikamaru is too emotional and irate to put up a fight. "You have to live with every decisions you make as shinobi for the rest of your lives. You were never counterintuitive and you struggled to adapt in extensive combat and that's if we can even call your laziness a struggle", Sai lamented. Shikamaru didn't bother bantering nor tried to brush it off as Sai's trolling. It was the absolute truth and he knew it. Kakashi and Mina risked the trenches and an attempt to bail him out and what did it amount to, an uphill battle with complete miscalculation and despite knowing better tactics wise, he was completely in over his head. He was used to opponents being gullible like that loud mouth Hidan. Ino was about to cast the mind transfer jutsu in an attempt to break the two up however Sai stopped on his own accord. 

"You can't atone or compensate for it, all you can do is reflect and become stronger for it. Besides, I know damn well how foolish it is to make my beloved mad especially in a time like this", Sai advised. "B-Beloved?!!", Ino replied in a flushed daze. "Here, you'll know what to do with it when the time comes", Sai continued handing Shikamaru his back sword. Shikamaru took the kind gesture and began to depart with the others to the village gates. However, they were confronted by the Hokage Lady Tsunade of the Legendary Sannin who lectured them about their foolishness and the risks they were taking. Fortunately similar to canon, Kakashi offers to assist Team 10 while Naruto wraps up his chakra control training. "Lady Hokage I have a request", Ino humbly inquired. The boys were shocked by this however, the Hokage riding off women's intuition was not. "Normally I wouldn't risk something this foolish, but it couldn't hurt to have extra back up I'll assign Sai to embark on this mission as well", Lady Hokage approved and without haste Sai rendezvous with Kakashi and Team 10 as they sought they're revenge against the Akatsuki.

The overall strategy and battle against Hidan and Kakazu goes relatively the same with the following changes.

*Kakashi and Sai tag team against Kakazu while Shikamaru lures away Hidan.

*Ino engages in Sai's defense by utilizing genjutsu techniques Kurenai used against enemy shinobi in the part one filler. 

*Choji's a bit more confident in his fat and himself and doesn't get as riled up and while under the Mind Transfer Jutsu Ino, and Choji can time and coordinate good collaboration jutsu, genjutsu and attacks to keep the bounty hunter on his toes.

*Not to mention Kakashi's stronger, vengeful vigor for Kakazu almost killing his wife for the second time, conspired and profited from Asuma's death, and endangered his unborn child. Also any and all power scaling increases from having Mina as a sparring partner in conjunction to the altered events in this timeline (If you started through this story or stumbled on it by accident, I highly recommend going through the first story Kakashi X Mina first including the bonus chapters after the main story LOL).