She Looks Terrible

When I walk into the intensive care, she looks terrible. All of them do. They all are lined up, blood everywhere.

Why does it have to happen to her and all her friends.

They are all knocked out, looking like they're dead. All of a sudden, Joshes heart monitor goes off. "We have a dropped heart beat."

Nurses and doctors rush in. I'm just standing there. Helpless. They shove me out the way, not caring what I see.

Nurses roll in the fibulator, and try to shock him. The surge of shock, rages through his body like lightning on a lighting pole.

It is no use, he's gone. I feel the tears again. I rush out the double doors, and meet Joshes mother.

She is freaking out. But I mean what mother wouldn't be. All of our wishes for our children, all of our sympathy for them. Now, there lives are in jeopardy.

Why couldn't that semi truck hit me, in my car. why did this happen to my one and only child.

Me and Joshes mother drop to our knees, instantly when we see each other.We pray, an pray and pray.
People always say the good lord will heal and help when you need it most.

Is this all a dream. Am I really in a hospital right now, with my daughter, close to death.

All kinds of questions are running through my mind. Was she in the front seat? Did she have a seatbelt on? Did they see the truck coming? Was Josh's truck totaled?

I don't think Josh's mom knows about them just using the fibulator on him. Does she know he is gone?

Are any of them conscious?

Stop over thinking it all. She will be ok.

"Is Saddie Lewises parents here?" A nurse looks around for the Lewises. "no they are not." I respond to her trying not to wail any more. but it doesn't work.

The worst runs through my mind. The worst. Then another nurse comes out. "Is Mr. and Mrs. Roberts here?" Joshes mom takes a stand. She almost falls to her knees, she is crying. Her back bent over upset. I already know what they are going to tell her, and the Lewises when they get here.