Part 3

50 years ago

Where... am I..?

I could've sworned I was dead by now, but... It's so cold.

I looked around my surroundings, only to see my lover's dead body. So it's true then... he really is gone.

It's hopeless...

But wait, I'm not even touching his corpse so why do I feel cold? It's not even windy.

Am I... floating?

I confirmed it by looking down to my feet. I'm not even touching the ground.

Am I now a... ghost? Alright, that's kind of offensive. A soul maybe?

"Go and look for them! ASAP!"

"Yes sir!"

Is that police sirens? And those are the voices of police officers? They're too late.

As expected, Shawn and I's dead body are lying there on the ground, cold as ice. I can't help but to just cry.

"Over here, boss!" One of the cops said as he saw our corpses.

"We're too late... their lives are already been taken." I may be dead, but my soul's still here.

"Let's just bury them, we can't do anything now." As the police chief said, 2 of them started digging up a grave for the both of us. But one of them started carving a stone.

"What are you doing, lad?" The police chief asked.

"This is for Shawn Minatozaki, his family had been a hero to our family. I think I should give him a special treatment even if he's already up above." The police chief, hesitantly, gave him a nod. That's fair. I'm really not mad for not having a special... grave. After all, Shawn and his family did a lot of help for people around them.

A few minutes later, they started placing our cold bodies on the grave they dug.

I watch in sorrow as they placed down Shawn's.

'Rest in peace now, Shawn... Be happy up above.' I prayed as tears starts flowing down my cheeks.

"Oh shoot, it's getting darker, boss!"

"It's starting to rain, everybody back on the car now!" They started running like there's no tomorrow, back in their car.

Like they said, rain started pouring down but of course, as a soul, every droplets are just running through me.

I'm probably the most pathetic person in the world that even God himself won't accept me to heaven as why I'm just a soul right now.

But what's still my purpose here? I just wanted to rest but I guess life wouldn't let me.

For now, I'm just a wandering soul who didn't know what's her purpose in this world...

50 years later...

Nothing else happened, I'm still wandering like a lost puppy. The only good thing here is that I'm not aging at all. Must've been an advantage for souls.

Author's POV

For the longest time, all Dahyun could do is wander around and search for her purpose. She wanted to be with Shawn now, she didn't wanna be suck here in this cruel world forever.

As she was wandering, she saw a modern-looking school. Which oddly gave a familiar aura to Dahyun herself.

She decided to check the inside as she knew no one could see her. And her suspicions began to grew. Everything that's inside were modern yet everything still looks the same. The same old building where she attends school... This is her former school...