Speeding

Myer swerved violently.

"What the heck?"  He cursed as the bright sky-blue bike swerved out in front of him, coming within less than two inches of his front bumper.

On it was a girl with long brown hair, and, even though Myer could only see the back of her, he could tell she was pretty. Her thin waist and sleek figure was visible even through the baggy clothes she wore. The way they fit her made him wonder whether she was too poor to afford real clothes or if it was some fashion thing, but he liked it either way.

Somewhere inside his mind, Myer pictured the girl's reaction to the situation: turing her head towards him with a shocked I-can't-believe-that-just-happened look, and then riding over to his window and saying sorry. Maybe he could introduce himself after she apologized. Tell her he was new to school- not that he had been home schooled, that would make him seem too socially awkward- but tell her this was his first day at least. And then, he pictured her asking him to sit with her at lunch and maybe being friends.

As soon as Myer realized how unlikley that was, he quickly pushed the thought away. But when the girl looked over at him through his windshield with some strange expression on her face, the thought resurfaced without Myer's permission.

"SARA!"

The yell woke Myer out of his reverie as someone in front of him angrily yelled out the girl's name. Myer saw the girl, Sara, swerve out in front of the angry boy, just like she had swerved in front of him. Except for this time, it looked intentional.

The boy, sitting inside of a dark green sports car looked very unhappy with the stressed crease between his eyebrows and infuriated look in his eyes. He was staring directly at Sara with what Myer supposed to be his attempt at an intimidating glare. It looked pretty scary, too, even though his appearance was just that of a normal boy, though a little more muscular. He had dark hair and eyes, and a green polo shirt about the same color as his car. Well groomed, but scary.

Once again, Myer pictured the girl's reaction. A scared expression, and then a quick escape on her bike to a street somewhere far away from the angry boy.

But, once again, Myer was wrong.

In response to the boy's outrage, he saw Sara turn her head and wink, laughing after she did, and beginning to pedal in circles in front of the car, effectively blocking the boy's way. Despite what Myer thought would be better judgement, the boy began to drive closer, trying to scare Sara away, maybe.

Myer was both surprised and intruiged. So intriuged that he stayed on the side of the road to watch a moment longer to see what else would happen.

The boy let out a fluent stream of swearing as Sara braked quickly, so quickly that the boy almost ran her over. Myer began to drive again as the angry boy in front of him revved his engine and shot off, many miles above the speed limit.

Ignoring the speeding boy, Myer turned on his blinker and waved to a man who was kind enough to wait for him to get back on the road. Good thing, too or else he would've been late for his first day at school.