¹

~~~

Y/n L/n.

That was a name no one had heard in a while.

But as it so happens, this elusive boy goes to Aoba Johsai High, and he's currently a second year.

Oh, here he is now!

~~~

Y/ n made his way to the front gate of the school and walked through. He stood there for a second, looking around. He was a tall (lmao rip short readers) boy with h/c hair and e/c eyes. It was his first day back at the academy after the summer break, but he couldn't say he was looking forward to it. School was never his favorite thing, but Y/n knew he had to work hard so he could get a stable career later on.

As he walked through, he noticed that once again, Tooru Oikawa himself was surrounded by his fangirls.

"Tch...ridiculous," he mumbled, unintentionally letting his bitterness show through his attempt at a calm façade. Though he had only been at Aoba Johsai for a year before now, Y/n knew that Oikawa was extremely popular with the ladies. While he was never really interested in romance himself, it still annoyed him to see that this older boy was so popular without doing that much of anything at all besides being pretty.

Wait, what? Pretty?!

Oikawa must have noticed the boy's gaze on him, as he had turned to look at Y/n and winked at him in a suggestive way. Y/n grimaced and turned away, shaking his head. Grinning at the younger boy's reaction, Oikawa turned back to his fangirls and continued to indulge them with his attention, but he still kept the gaze of that boy in the back of his head.

Still mumbling profanities under his breath and shaking his head, Y/n made his way to his homeroom, and he sat down and prepared for class.

~~~

In what felt like a few seconds, Y/n found himself walking outside of his classroom for his lunch period. While he made his way to god knows where to eat his lunch, he accidentally bumped into someone, mumbling a quick "sorry-" before continuing on his way.

"Oi. You."

Someone called out. Y/n stopped and turned back with a confused expression. He blinked as he took in the appearance of the person who was now in front of him.

It seemed to be an older boy of average height and beefy arms.

'That's...Hajime Iwaizumi, isn't it? He's in Year 3, Class 5. What's he doing here...?' Y/n pondered.

Iwaizumi's expression turned to that of annoyance before he spoke again.

"Are you...Y/n L/n?"

"I-uh...Yes I am?" Y/n started, wondering why his upperclassman knew his full name.

His question was answered as Iwaizumi continued, saying, "I've just been been wondering. You were known as the 'Volleyball Genius' all throughout your middle school years since you knew so much about the game, right? I wanted to know why you never actually joined any volleyball clubs."

"...oh."

The younger boy's face fell as he heard the words that came out of his senpai's mouth. Iwaizumi noticed this, but didn't say anything, instead allowing Y/n to speak for himself.