Wake Up

Episode 2: Chapter 27~29

=========

Lev felt someone shaking her shoulder. She was back in the white room, and Leona sat beside her.

"Herbivore, Kitten, human," Leona growled. "Wake up."

Lev inwardly groaned. "Hello to you, too." 

"Where are we?" Leona questioned, obviously not in a joking mood.

"To be honest, I have no idea." 

Leona snarled. "What's going on?"

"Again, I don't really know," Lev sighed, sitting up and stretching. "I've been here in my dreams a couple times and with Riddle after he Overblotted. I'm guessing it a 'clear your conscious' place where you can conjure up memories of your past and I can see them."

"I have no intention of sharing anything with you."

"Well, that's a bummer, 'cauz at the moment, I'm the only one who can get us out of here." She smirked. "And I'm not letting you out until you explain why you're doing all this."

"Seriously?" Leona groaned. Lev nodded. "Ugh. Fine. How does this work?"

"Just...tell me what's been bothering you. No secrets, no lies. Just tell me what's wrong."

Leona rubbed his forehead and sighed. "Alright. Since I was born, it's felt like there's an immovable stone atop my head, and no matter what I do it doesn't go away." The area around them changed and Leona flinched in surprise. 

She patted his arm. "Just let it happen." 

A room formed around them. Several pillars stood beside them, holding up a high, lavishly decorated ceiling. Several animal-like people walked around, carrying clothes or food. Some cleaned or delivered items to rooms. Lev guessed that they were servants of some kind.

A pair of servants--a male and female--passed them, whispering to each other.

"His Highness Farena is so bright and cheerful," the male sighed happily, "but, why is his younger brother so hard to please?" 

The female nodded in agreement. "On top of that, he can use magic that can change anything to sand. It's terrifying." 

A third servant ran up to them and shushed them. "Could the two of you keep your mouths shut? What is someone heard you?" The scene faded away.

Leona wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Had I been born first, I'm sure they'd sing a different tune. 'His Highness Leona is so strong and an expert planner. Completely different from his carefree brother.' But, because I was born second, everything I do get nitpicked and compared to my brother. They extol the first born at the expense of the second. No matter what I do, I'll never be first."

"I'm sure that's not true," Lev objected. Leona just scoffed.

The area around them transformed again, this time into a large, richly decorated room. In it, a memory version of Leona napped on a large bed.

Suddenly, the door slammed open and a large man walked in. Like Leona, he had small lion ears peeking through the top of his long hair. Unlike Leona, his hair was a sunset gold with red highlights. He was even more richly dressed than Leona, an outfit fit for a king.

"Leona!" the man exclaimed. "Why were you not present at the ceremony today?" 

Memory-Leona rolled over and smiled tiredly. "Ceremony? Aah, are you talking about that doting-parent-party that you threw to show off your son to the people? My apologies. It seems I fell asleep. Please forgive me, Farena." That last statement was purely sarcastic.