Just Friends

Sorry for the delay...life has been keeping me very busy....

Anywho, enjoy the chapter and pleaseeeee let me know what you think :) 

Unedited

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Mason follows me outside, the heat from his body warming me from his close proximity. I swear he would glue me to his hip if he could.

Much of the pack is already gathered outside, mates and families awaiting the return of their warriors who were asked to travel with our Betas. There is excitement in the air as Mason and I make our way through the crowd to the front, greeting pack members along the way.

Vehicles can be heard approaching, and soon enough the line of six black SUVs comes into sight. Just as eager as the pack members around us, those in the cars immediately pour out, running to their families and embracing them, the energy in the air around us increasing rapidly.

Out of the second car steps Drew, a smile planted on his features as usual. He quickly goes to his mate's side of the car, opening her door and holding out his hand for her to take. Melissa's eyes, and hands, stay cast on her phone as she hops out of the car and heads towards the house. Drew simply closes the door and walks in stride with her towards us, his smile returning.

"Hello Alpha, Luna," He greets respectfully, dipping his head. He gently nudges Melissa who dramatically looks up from her phone to meet my raised eyebrows. When she notices Mason and I staring expectant at her, she quickly greets us and shows her neck, apologizing for being distracted before.

Mason turns away from her, clearly bothered by her attitude. "I trust it was a good trip?" He directs his question to Drew, and Melissa takes the opportunity to sneak around me and go inside the pack house.

The two of them begin discussing the meetings Drew attended as they walk towards the house together. I swallow my anger at being left out, and turn my attention back to the other pack members who just arrived. A few of them have also started to break off, heading to their own homes with giddy smiles. Those left, however, greet me with a cheek pressed to mine or a respectful dip of the head.

"We will be celebrating the return of our den mates tonight, so go celebrate with your families for now, and we'll see everyone out back after sun fall!" I announce when I finally reach the porch again. I hear murmurs of agreement as the crowd begins to disperse, and then I'm left standing alone once again.

"Hey stranger," a voice calls from behind me. I turn to see Drew making his way back towards me, a large smile on his face. I smile at him in return, standing up straighter as he approaches.

Before I can say something in response, he pulls me into a big hug and spins me around before gently setting me back on me feet. I can't help my laughter or the smile that plants itself on my lips. "Welcome home! We missed you around here," I tell him sincerely, hoping he knows how true my words are. Luckily for me, Mason and I have been getting much better, but there were still times when I needed to talk to Drew about everything

"Come on, Sage, let's go for a walk. I want to go do a quick patrol just to be sure everything is running smoothly."

"Drew you just got back! You do not need to run a patrol shift right now! Go rest!" He glances over his shoulder, back into the house. When his eyes return to mine he has a slight grimace.