Part 2

Chapter 2

"Uh, hi?" I said, dazzled at the beauty in my line of view. I had never seen him in school before. I was sure of that because I would have surely remembered seeing someone like him. His eyes were the most perfect-blue; like a pool of clear water, mysterious and mystical yet still welcoming. His hair sat dark, long and rough on his hair as if to be heightening the possibilities of love. In-dents lay around his mouth, tranquilly. His gleaming, boyish good-looks were topped off by full, rose-pink lips which could tempt the coldest of hearts. 

"Sorry for imposing on you like this, but your voice is incredible." I could feel my cheeks going bright crimson and for a moment, I cursed my skin colour for giving away my emotions so quickly.

"Th...th..Thanks." My cheeks turned even brighter as I felt embarrassed that I was stuttering. 

"So are you going to be kind enough to reveal to me this beautiful lady's name?" I didn't know whether this was him flirting with me or him being sarcastic. I wasn't used to boys being nice to me. Most of them just saw me as one of them; another lad. It was always Georgia that got the male attention. Sometimes, I wished I was more girly but over the years, I had grown accustom to this. 

"Emillie." I managed to utter.

"No surname?" 

"Porter."

"Well, Emillie Porter, I must say you are the most beautiful person I have ever met; both vocally and through your looks."

I felt a grin emerging on my face. I didn't know what to say in return. Was I meant to say something as nice as that back or just say thank you? But, before I could say anything he had left the room. I was upset at the loss of his presence but also slightly glad at the fact I didn't have to reply. 

I gulped. How could this perfect being even glance twice at me? 

Out of the blue, Georgia ran into the room interrupting my adrift thoughts.

"Where's Mr Cole?" She asked in a panic.

"I think he's phoning your mum. He's angry that you didn't come to his detention. Anyway, guess what?" I said excited, completely forgetting about Georgia's earlier silent treatment.

"I don't care," her cold words left her mouth as quick as they shot me through the heart. Georgia had never held a grudge with me for more than two lessons. I hoped that his wasn't the end of our friendship. I didn't really understand why she was so angry with me. I hadn't done anything to upset her, had I? Was it my fault that the rest of the band didn't think she was so good?

I sighed as I watched her sit down. Then my mind wondered back off to Tren: My dream come true. I convinced myself to not let, in any way, Georgia find out: She would surely steal him away. My appearance was nothing compared to hers. She would be a better match for him. 

We sat the classroom for the rest of the time awkwardly, until Mr Cole waddles back in. Many kids made fun of his animal-like movement however I didn't join in. Mainly because I wasn't part of the main faction of the class but also because I didn't enjoy amusing myself with other people's downfalls. 

"Ah! Georgia, what time do you call this?" He exclaimed, slamming his pile of books down onto the desk. I jumped back in shock. Georgia murmured something under her breath which was inaudible. "Emillie, you can go." He added while ushering me out of the room. I walked out, hoping to bump into Tren. Sadly, this didn't happen but I did bump into the rest of the band. 

"Oh my God! Emillie, guess what?!" Antonio ran up to me squirming like a girl.

"What?" I wondered whether they thought I was still on speaking terms with them after our tiff at lunch-time. I still hadn't made up my mind. I figured I'd decide after Antonio said what he wanted to say.

"Annie's dad said he could give us a shot with a producer! Can you believe it?!" 

Without realising, I began jumping around and screaming with them. "No way!" I couldn't believe it. We were that one step closer to our dream. It was finally becoming a reality. 

"We have rehearsals tomorrow after school. We can't mess this up, okay?" Annie piped in as if it was me who would be responsible for the group's loss. 

"I know we can't. And, I'll be there." Every trace of happiness left my body at the thought of having to be grateful to Annie for providing this opportunity. It was true though, it was her whose father had such connections. I decided to put my personal feelings toward her to one side for the sake of the mind. Then the thought of Georgia came into my mind. She would be feeling so left out, but then I remembered she didn't care about me so why should I care about her?

"Tomorrow, straight after school. Don't be late." She repeated for emphasis.

"I won't!"

I walked off and left the group celebrating. 

                                                                                         *****

The next morning, I was anticipating the day ahead. Maybe I would see Tren again. I wasn't able to get him off my mind the whole night. And, he was still in my mind in the morning.

My mother drove me to school, and the lessons passed by quickly. Every face that I saw pass by, I hoped it was Tren. 

The final bell went. I hadn't spoken to Georgia all day. I still couldn't comprehend the reasons as to why she was so angry with me.

I walked off into the bathroom. There, Georgia was. 

"Ugh," she scoffed at me.

"What is your problem?!" I said unable to hide my confusion. I looked at her and saw she was crying.

"You're my problem. I thought you were my friend." 

"I am, Georgia. I am!" I could see she was in no frame of mind to believe me. 

"No, you're not. Good luck in your audition with the stupid, big shot producer!" Sarcasm leaked through her voice.

"You could be at least supportive. I would be for you."

"No, you wouldn't! You don't understand how I am feeling. You don't understand what is going on at home.  You don't understand how my life is falling to pieces right before my eyes!" She was raising her voice.

"Georgia, what are you talking about?! You have the perfect life. I don't know who you are trying to kid. I'm not giving you sympathy." I didn't know why I was being so cruel but Georgia was the type of person to fabricate problems just to get people on her side. My voice was booming through the cubicles.

"You don't know anything about me! This is what I mean. I thought we were best friends but I was wrong. Really wrong. Go back to Annie." She began trying to leave the bathroom until I put my arm out in front of the door to stop her. She had the tendency of running away when things got too much for her.

"Stop! We've got to sort this out," I said with sheer determination. 

"No. No, we don't. We don't need to sort anything out. I don't know who you are anymore. You may as well be dead to me." She shoved my arm out of the way and stormed out.

I sunk onto the bathroom floor, devastated by her words. 'Dead'? Is that really all she thinks of my now? My eyes began stinging with tears trying to escape. I couldn't hold them back anymore. They began flowing at an incredible speed. My nose began running in sync. My reaction became uncontrollable as I began howling with sadness.

I stood up and took a look at myself in the mirror. I looked like a mess but I didn't care. That's how I felt inside; why should I attempt to hide it? I picked up my bag and walked out of the bathroom. Hurriedly, I rushed down the corridor with my wet eyes down to the ground, until I felt myself collide with something hard. I cursed at my clumsiness continuously until I looked up. I found myself staring at the most gorgeous, familiar eyes I had ever been in contact with. It was Tren. And he was staring down at me in such a mess.