Chapter 8: Short (in height and in chapter length)

"Rise and shine, my little ultimates~" announced a black and white bear. Ryoma stirred in his bed, before eventually sitting up.

Hold up.

Where was he? 

He was on a bed (a rather unclean one) in a very unfamiliar room. Despite the poor living conditions, the student felt oddly rejuvenated. Like something had been... reset. 

Whatever. Living conditions were not fit for the ultimate hot dog seller. Yeah. Not a super flattering title, but he took pride in his work. He was an ultimate for a reason. 

He hopped out of bed and opened the door. A hallway. It seemed that this place was a dormitory of some sorts. Nobody was out in the hallway, though he could hear some commotion inside some rooms. He figured he would explore this new place, so that he'd have a grasp of the situation. 

-

After a very thorough search of the premises, he found a dining hall. Seemingly the right place. Seeing as it was breakfast time, he'd take a quick peep in.

The moment he opened the door, 15 eyes landed on him.

"Who?" questioned a nervous boy wearing all black. He was met with silence, until...

"Is that... Ryoma?" a girl with blonde hair and musical note pins figured. Hey, that was correct. Strange that they knew his name. Strange indeed.

"Yes, that is me. Ryoma Hoshi, the ultimate hot dog seller," Ryoma introduced. Perhaps they had heard about him through his ultimate, after all everyone here was talented in some way or another. In that case, he was flattered.

He recognized some of these people, actually. From newspapers and new shows and probably a myriad of other media. Angie Yonaga, that popular artist. Kokichi Ouma, the actor who starred in many of Ryoma's favourite movies. Miu Iruma, the coming-of-age inventor. Yeah, this was definitely the talented school. The method of his arrival was foggy though.

Out of nowhere, the same bear he found on the screen of the announcement earlier tumbled into frame.

"Upupupu! Yes, that is Ryoma! The ultimate /hot dog seller,/" it said. Huh, a talking bear. Ironically enough, he didn't question this. This place was weird. A talking bear was no different from any of the other many confusing things.

A worried chatter arose from the crowd.

"Ryoma, we need to change you back. As well as Kokichi, Rantaro, and the other girl," the musical girl murmured, placing her hands on Ryoma's shoulders.

"I don't know what you mean, but I'd be happy to help you with... whatever you need," the hot dog merchant said with a smile.

Miu Iruma, the inventor girl, flinched away.

"Ew, no. You literally look like a thumb."

~

that's it that's the end of the fic LMAOO i don't write here anymore 😔