Chapter 9

Maxon POV

WOW! I'm on cloud nine! I can still remember the heat of our love making in the cold ocean. When we finished our...um... activities we swam to shore and walked back to her house, not saying a word to each other, I could see her blushing from the earlier passion we shared and hiding between the curtain of her wet red hair.

We reached the back glass door after walking past the gate and into the garden.

'I should go in through the back door, make sure no ones in the living room and let you in through the front door so we don't go in together and raise suspicion. She said all this so quickly and anxiously, so before she could carry on rambling, I brought my lips to hers. She tasted like the sea and my America, I elicited a moan from her mouth and my ego soared.

I reluctantly pulled away and America walked past the door, whilst I made my way to the front of the house. 5 minutes passed and finally America opened the front door to let me in, which made me believe that people noticed her absence and mine.

'Were there people in the living room?'  I asked as she walked me to the kitchen island

'Yeah, Kriss and Celeste was down here and were wondering were I was, I guess they assumed you were in your room.' she replied

It hit me then... I absolutely want my America to be my queen and not marry Kriss. But where did we stand with America? Sure we had an amazing moment but I didn't know how she felt about me. She has a life, would she even want to marry me or was it a one night stand.

My thoughts drifted back to when Aspen and I were told we were sharing a room for the night. I trudged up the stairs reluctantly, with Aspen on my tail. We were standing in the room awkwardly, with Aspen facing the window, when he pointed America out, walking through the garden clearly heading toward the beach. He told me to go get her and how she was a wreck the past two years, but she desperately tried to hide it.

With that thought in mind I gently whispered into her ear 'I still love you America' just before Aspen and Celeste entered the kitchen. She blushed and grasped my hand, and it was a reassurance to me, hopefully she felt the same way about me.

Aspen winked at me, I guess I was radiating happiness. Aspen seemed to be a nice guy after all, despite with what happened with America. She is the most important person in my life and I feel remorse for what happened with her. I knew we had to discuss some things over with America, what happened in the past can't happen again and ruin the most wonderful future we could have. 

I looked over at America chatting away with Celeste and I saw how gorgeous she was, (it made me want to go for round 2 that exact moment) I would giver her the world to make up for those 2 horrid years we lost together.

The rest of the group came down not long after, including Kriss, who sidled up to me and kiss me. I was trapped in her lock and tried to nudge away from her but it was too late, her lips were on mine right in front of America. This kiss was the proof that I had zero chemistry with Kriss, she was pretty in her own way but America was the only one for me - I pulled away as quickly as I could and dared a glance at America. She looked so sad but knowing America with sad also came anger.

'Who wants to watch a movie?' Celeste asked