Chapter 10

America POV

Amazing was the only words that came to mind as we made our way back to the house. Maxon was a gorgeous, attentive lover and made me feel special, and made me forget that he was engaged to Kriss and was getting married in a month.

What made by blood thrum in my veins was when he whispered into my ear "I love you". It sent shivers down my spine and Maxon stared at Aspen in a different way when we got back, in a sort of grateful way, I would ask one of them about it later. Celeste was asking me all sorts of questions, whilst feet away from Maxon.

"Why is your hair all wet?"

"No reason" I murmured

"Then why is Maxon's hair wet too?" it turns out she answered her own question with all the assumptions she made

"OMG! Did something happen with Maxon?!" The next 10 questions were related to my disappearance.

I would tell her to hush, but she was having none of it. Not until the rest of the gang came down and Kriss kissed Maxon, he didn't pull away quickly enough before my blood boiled and I wanted to pull her off Maxon. I still forgot he wasn't mine to kiss...yet. I do hope though that it could happen soon though, I loved him with every fibre of my being.

Maybe...he still wants to be with Kriss. The thought almost brought tears to my eyes, threatening to spill out, I composed myself just before celeste said 'Who wants to watch a movie?'

'That's a great idea! Can we please watch a romcom? They are super romantic' she nudged Maxon as she said this.

"I guess" I stuttered out of my mouth, all I wanted was to be with Maxon, carefree and alive - something I haven't felt in a long time. But I put on a smile and sat down with the gang to watch the film.

I wanted to gag the entire time.

Kriss was constantly sidling up to Macon on the corner of the couch they took over and was kissing him along his jaw and chest - staking her claim that he is her man. Almost as if she knew what happened between Maxon and I. The look of triumph she had on her face the day Maxon chose her over me, never left my mind - the smile she had taunted my dreams following their engagment.

"Who wants Pizza?" I asked, realizing I hadn't fed my guests anything.

"Oooh me! I'm starving" Millie shouted across the living room, everyone nodded in agreement.

"Cool, anything specific?" I replied

"Well Maxie loves pineapple on his" Kriss called out

"WHAT! That's literally a crime!" I laughed at him and he just grinned back with his knowing smile - how disgusting!

"Anyway we're going with a pepperoni because THAT is the best flavour!" I laughed at them all.

The food arrived and we all joked and had fun with each other, I missed hanging out with my friends and not having all the drama (mostly coming from my love life) . We all talked through the night and much to my dismay, at one point Kriss whispered something in Maxon's ear and dragged him upstairs, Maxon looking unsure.

Deep down I knew what Kriss was planning to do with Maxon... who the hell could blame her! If you just looked at him you would see he is the epitome of an Adonis. However, that didn't stop me feeling angry at Maxon. Why would he follow her if he...loved me. 

Consumed in my depressed feelings I trudged up stairs, flopped on my bed and let my sadness consume me.

                                                                                   ***

The next morning I woke up with the same feeling of despair, I changed into some skinny jeans and a hoodie and tied my hair up into a ponytail, finishing of the look with Air Force ones. Slowly, I descended the stairs and caught a glimpse of the havoc being caused in my kitchen, I guess Celeste decided to feed our guests breakfast. Everyone was throwing flower at each other and  cackling with glee, gasping for breath. 

"What is going on here?!" I gasped at the mess on the counter

All heads turned to me as if I was their parent, scolding them

"busted" Aspen said in a silly tone, earning a slap in the back of the head from me, I heard stifled giggles from around the room.

"All of you guys go upstairs and shower, I'll clean up here" I said, trying to conceal my laughter caused by their faces.

They all trudged toward the staircase but not before Maxon tried to kiss me, I just shoved him away, not forgetting about yesterday and their little 'rendezvous' upstairs.

"Go upstairs" I said harshly, he gave me a sad look and asked "What's all this about?" 

"Why don't you run upstairs to Kriss and figure it out whilst your making out" I snarled back. I didn't give him a chance to reply and just ran outside to let the dog out and just sit on a sun lounger - he didn't follow me.