𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

cass hadn't seen pedro all day after that, but she didn't care. she was too busy gushing to a now-awake hélo, who sat in a lawn chair next to her in the orchard. they'd tucked themselves away to hide the girlish excitement that filled cass, even if it was due to her entertainment, not her feelings for pedro. 

"oh, he's just the best..." cass sighed, throwing her head back and feeling the sun's heat on her face. "we just stopped all of a sudden and he just kissed me."

"cass, stop you're still in love with him," hélo chuckled accusingly, "and you know it."

"i'm not! i swear." cass retorts, "it's all just for fun. he's hot as hell and i'm still looking a way to find my old self, you know, the one that used to go out with boys as if they were toys? i'm just... retracing my steps."

"sure, cass"

"no, really. i know it's just a summer fling, but i liked it."

pedro sat on the windowsill of his room, smoking a cigarette and thinking about what happened that morning. besides seeing her momentarily at lunch, he hadn't seen much of her all day, which made him feel a million ways and tied his stomach into a myriad of knots. what the fuck had he done?

he was confused because cass had left him with only his mind to piece the events together, stuck on the puzzle that was the feelings that were exchanged with that kiss. pedro couldn't help but remember the astounded look on cass's face as he pulled away, her wide blue eyes making his stomach twist in discomfort as he remembered it. did she not like it? was she uncomfortable with the whole thing? but she kissed back so maybe she was into it?

beyond confused, he huffed out a cloud of smoke and leant his head against the window frame as he thought of the girl, how she felt, how soft she was in every sense of the word as he kissed her, her smile when he got her the film. he loved it.

his thoughts were interrupted as he heard the thin crunching of gravel and he saw pierre biking into the driveway, stopping for a moment as he saw pedro on the windowsill. 

"bonjour, pedro!" he shouted. 

"hi!" he shouted back, waving a bit and turning again to the horizon to dig himself deeper into his overthinking hole. he watched pierre drop his bike next to the front door, standing there and looking at him for a moment. pedro was intrigued but he neglected him, taking another drag of his cigarette.

"do i need to talk you off the ledge?" pierre asks, squinting his eyes against the sunlight so he could see him better. pedro sighed out a puff of smoke, replying.

"i think it's better to wait until my natural death. i'm old already so i might as well wait."

pierre chuckles, "if you say so, pedro."

the friendly interaction left a small smile on pedro's face, watching pierre disappear into the house. they were friendly, yes, but there was always a bit of contempt for each other, or better said, pedro had a tiny bit of contempt towards him because of his closeness to cass. he let it go, though, decided to get over it because it was immature to hold her other relationships against her. 

but then his mind went back to the kiss; the kiss changed it all. it amazed him how in such a short amount of time he'd gotten the balls to own up to his feelings, usually resorting to keeping them to himself out of fear of not being able to commit because of work. fucking work.