𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙇𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙤𝙮

comfort
/ˈkʌmfət/
noun
a state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint.

comfort/ˈkʌmfət/nouna state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
dream thought back to his own words as he looked down at his now bloodied and shaking hands.

"dont hurt yourself because of me"

his breath came out in short burts as he stumbled over to the dark grey cauldron and placed his hands gingerly in the water, hissing gently at the sting of the cold liquid on the newly-open wounds on his knuckles and fingers.

the blood came off easily, tinting the color in the cauldron slightly as it mixed with the deep crimson.

his vision blurred as he watched the red swirl with the clear, as if they were engaged in an intricate dance.

pulling his hands out, he lightly tapped them on his pants in an attempt to dry them before he bandaged them, wincing every time.

he leaned against the back wall and slowly slid down, letting his eyes close for a moment. when he hit the floor, he stayed still for a second, the cold on his back finally calming him down enough to where he could catch his breath.

his shallow breaths slowly lengthened as he focused on calming down.

maker, hed been so stupid.

he looked down and saw the glass pieces embedded in his skin glistening.

power? power was what hed wanted?

sapnap had been right. hed thrown away so many good things just to have control.

control.

as delicately as he could, he started to pull the pieces from his hand, placing them in a small pile next to him on the floor.

he was the god of this world, he should control it. it should be his.

dream shook his head, trying to shake the thoughts from his mind.

he tried to focus all his attention onto wrapping his injured hands with the bandages.

if he were supposed to control this world, why was he locked in this suffocating cell, his sanity slowly deteriorating from his own thoughts?

he hummed as he worked in an attempt to drown himself out.

when he'd finished, he bit the edge of the bandage to rip it.