Ch.6 Just Friend

■Y/N's POV■

I'm standing in front of my office, the bench that I used to sit on was full. I fiddle the handle of my luggage nervously. Today I'll go back to Atsumu san's place. I'm really happy that I could repay his kindness, moreover, I'm happy to be able to stay longer by his side.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I excitedly look back. But it's not someone that I'm expecting. It's not Atsumu san.

Takato: Y/N... I... can we talk...

Y/N: Nijima san... I uh...

Takato: we don't have to go somewhere... we can just talk in here... just a minute... please

I look up as Nijima pleads at me. Today Nijima looks different. His eyes not hiding something.

Y/N: um.. okay...

Nijima clears his throat and then suddenly he bows his head. Startling me as I become flustered.

Y/N: Ni... Nijima?

Takato: I'm sorry...

I was stunned the moment he said that. In the past few months, Nijima too always apologizes to me to makes me follow him. But right now, it's not the same. It's unlike how he used to apologize just to lure me in. The look in his eyes, he's genuinely apologizing right now. 

Takato: I... was afraid that you'll be taken away from me... that's why when you refused me back then... I got infuriated... I can't help but think that someone else will claim you... sorry, I mistreated you Y/N.... forgive me... come back to me.... please.

I feel a tug in my heart, seeing him like this making me feel sad. Nijima was a gentle person, to begin with, and that's how I was attracted to him in the first place, but my feeling wavering since he changed months ago. Moreover, lately I

Y/N: Nijima san.... I... forgive Nijima san...

Nijima's face lits up as I said that. I, really am forgiving him. Because no matter how bad our relationship in the last six months, we used to have good memories since we're just colleagues and when we start going out. But

Takato: you really forgive me? thank you Y/N... thank you so much Y/N... This time, I'll...

Y/N: Nijima san... but I... I must apologize too... I, can't go back with you... my feeling for you... it's not like before... I'm sorry...

Atsumu san's face flashes through my head.

I can't lie....

My feelings are changing...

Since months ago.... 

And recently... my heart wavers for another....

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N looks at Takato's face as she became weary that Takato might be angry, but what she saw makes her hitch her breath instead. Takato looks at Y/N, a painful smile plastered on his face. Takato reaches a hand and cares her cheek gently.