Barren

A/N: itty bitty smut scene again hehe bc fred is HORNY

I had been at Hogwarts for about a week. They gave me nothing but study blocks because of how little I knew about magic and also because I requested it as I didn't want to be a technical sixth year in a class with a bunch of first years. On top of that, it was nice to be alone. Being American, goth, and had to wear a uniform that hugged every curve I had warranted some unwanted attention. How dumb of me to think wizard boys were different from muggle boys.

Within the week I've been here, I met one of Ron and Harry's friends, Hermione Granger and she's been helping me study for all the O.W.L.S. I need to take. Despite what everyone says about her and her very strict study habits, she's a great study partner. She's amazing at breaking things down to where you can understand the text and what each spell, potion, etc. should do.

Our routine had been when school started, I would study in the library and write down things I didn't understand and during her study periods she would explain them. After school, Hermione would actually teach me how to make certain potions and very simple spells in her dorm.

I loved all the time I had on my hands with having no classes and apparently so did Fred. Fred would skip at least one class a day, which was usually Snape's, to see you and try to get some action in the library. Half of the time, it was a distraction from my studies. The other half of the time, it was a quick stress reliever when things would get too overwhelming. 

"Hey Morgue!" Hermione walks up and places all her textbooks on the table. I scooch my books to the side so she has more room to place her things. Crookshanks, Hermione's adorable, fluffy, orange cat that loved you as much as he loved Hermione, jumps up on the table and plops himself on my books. 

"You can get 20 seconds of pets and then you have to let us study." I compromise with the cat who meows at me, as if saying "deal". I count the seconds out loud so he can hear me as I'm petting him. I giggle as I feel him purr. 

"What have you gathered today?" Hermione asks, picking up the parchment that was halfway full. I pat Crookshanks' back and he jumps down and into Hermione's lap and curls up. "I was interested in learning about this potion." I say pointing at what I had written down.

"An Amortentia spell?" Hermione questions and I nod. "What's got you interested in this one?" She asks, smiling at me. I shrug and suddenly I hear someone tripping over something, making it crash to the floor. We both look back and low and behold, Fred Weasley. I roll my eyes as he fixes everything and smiles at me. He walks over to us and finds a seat across from me.

"Lovely seeing both of you." Fred says with that same smirk he always has on his face. We both roll our eyes at him. "What are you guys talking about?" Fred leans his elbows on the table and looks over my notes. "Morgue wants to know how to do the Amortentia spell." Hermione looks at me and smiles. 

"Really? For what reason?" He asks and smirks at me. I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. Just curious I guess." I lean my head on my hand and look at him. "Have you tried it before?" I ask Fred. 

"Yeah but I didn't smell anything. Guess ole' Fred is a heartless man." He leans back in the chair and puts his hands behind his head. I chuckle and roll my eyes yet again. At this point, they may as well roll all the way back and stay like that. "You've had to have smelled something." Hermione argues. "I smelled air." Fred responds back.

"Lets make it then." I offer. "If you smell nothing there should be nothing to worry about right?" Fred's eyes open up a little bit and ten relax. "Alright. then lets make it." Fred agrees. 

We waited until school was over and went up to Hermione's dorm. She took out small jars from under her bed of supplies she had stolen from Snape out of spite for giving her a C on one of her assignments and also takes out her cauldron. She shows me how to make it and I silently absorb the information.