Neo-Aikido Lessons with Himiko and Tenko

Art by Georgisse-tyan

Himiko came to school all flustered. She had a lot on her mind, ranging from Tenko to almost dying. She finally had to face all of her problems that she held off until now.

Tenko was having the same thoughts as Himiko, except they were a little more depressing. She knew she made Himiko feel horrible two days ago by pitying herself and reminding Himiko of when they met. Angie took notice of both of the girls who were down.
"What is wrong with you two? Normally, you're both cheery but today you seem really sad. I think I know why Himiko's sad, but you Tenko, I have no idea."
"Don't worry about it, I'm just fine." She affirmed, then she quickly walked to school.

"I'm guessing you're depressed that I'm going to ask Himiko out soon. Everyone in the whole school can tell you like her!" Kokichi teased.
"That's one reason. But I made her feel really bad the other day and whenever I look at her..." Tenko looked to her right to see Himiko clenching her skirt and looking the other way from Tenko. "...I get really sad."
"Then you're really not getting her now! Looks like I win her heart. You'll just be the 3rd wheel." Tenko was about to reply with a sassy comment but Kokichi ran off before she got the chance.
"Like the coward you are.." she mumbled under her breath.

Himiko had been flustered all day. Occasionally, she would look to her left to check on Tenko. She didn't know why she was doing it though. Maybe she wanted to see her again. One time, she was caught by Tenko, she quickly turned her head away as if she never did anything. Himiko knew that she hadn't been treating Tenko with much respect, but that was going to change. Now that she knew who she was, she had gained a liking for her, she was all she could think of for the past two days.

After school ended, Tenko was walking home before Himiko stopped her in her tracks.
"Tenko!" She called out. Tenko looked behind her to see a small red-haired mage running to catch up with her. "Tenko! Do you want to go somewhere? We can go to a cafe, or a park, or my house, or anywhere you want!" Beamed Himiko, throwing her arms in the air with a cute smile on her face that no one, not even Tenko in her current mental state could resist. Finally, Tenko had put on a grin, and not a fake shabby one like before, a real grin that came from her heart.
"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?" Himiko just replied with a shrug. "I would love to do something with you, but I can't today. I have neo-aikido lessons." The smile that was temporally on Tenko's face had worn off.
"Well, then I'll come to watch you! Unless you don't want me to, of course." She finally looked Himiko in the eyes and smiled again.
"Sure, I don't see why you can't come. Actually, I'd love it if you come!" The cheerfulness in Tenko's voice had been restored. Without thinking, Tenko wrapped her arm around Himiko and with her spare hand, rubbed her head mercilessly. Instead of whining as she would normally do if Tenko did this, she just laughed it off. She didn't know why she was acting so openly, but she didn't care if she was allowed to do this without repercussions.
"Tenko! Himiko!" It was Angie, heading straight towards them.
"Mind if I join you coming to neo-aikido lessons?"
"No problem! The more the merrier!" The happiness Tenko started the semester with had been brought back to its fullest.

It was nothing like Himiko or Angie had imagined, but it was mesmerizing to them.
"Guys, it's not anything special, it's just a boring room. Why do you guys like it so much?" She didn't get an answer, but they kept starring at every boring thing they could find.
"I'm gonna go, you guys can watch me from here." She escorted them to a bench in view of the grounds Tenko was training at. She waved goodbye as she only went a few feet from them.

It was great and all to Himiko, but it wasn't what she normally enjoyed watching. It got boring to her quickly.
"What's wrong Himiko? You seem sad again."
"It's cuz I am. I don't know what to do with her, I want her to like me."
"Aw, come on. You know Tenko likes you. It's so obvious." Angie tried to reassure.
"No, I mean like-like. I like-like her and wish she would like-like me back."
"I'm pretty sure that's obvious too," Angie mumbled.
"Nyeh?"
"Nothing! Anyways, what's your plan for making her like you back?"
"So far I'm letting her touch me without me getting annoyed, and I'm trying to spend more time with her. Do you think it's working?" Angie had to make the decision to either tell her the obvious or let Himiko figure it out on her own.
"You can only hope. I don't think that's enough to make her fall in love with you though."
"You're right, I should do more for her. I was thinking about making a love potion to give her, but it's a last resort and takes up a lot of mp. But there's really nothing else I can do." Himiko complained.
"Then you should do it. I have no idea if it will guarantee she falls in love, but it's worth a shot! What do you have to lose?"
"A lot of things, actually. Like my friendship with her, my-"
"Let's not think about that or you will get unmotivated. You should do it, I really think you should."