Potion Making

Art by ???

"So, how long do we have?"
"We have until Friday, or so I've heard. But it's very possible Kokichi was lying, but why would he lie for that reason?" Himiko took out her notebook from her backpack.
"I'm thinking today we can get the ingredients, tomorrow we'll see if I have enough mp to start making it. Hopefully, I do because it takes at least one day depending on how motivated I am." It was a big achievement for Himiko, she hadn't said "Nyeh" for an entire day.
"Where can we find these ingredients?" Angie asked.
"I'll show you after class. Normally, I would just make an Alluring Aura potion, but I want to be extra sure it'll work so I'll combine it with a Forced Friendship potion. So in return, it will be extra-extra hard to make in time." She jotted down a few notes before slamming the book shut and putting it back in her bag.
"Just remember: I'll be with you every step of the way!" Angie reassured.

"So, how long do we have?"
"We have until Friday, or so he told me. But it's very possible Kokichi was lying, but why would he lie for that reason?" Tenko straightened her back and walked more confidently than before.
"I'm thinking today we take her out on another "date" (emphasis on the quotation marks) today." It was a big achievement for Tenko, she had been more motivated today than she had ever been in her whole life.
"Where are you going to take her?" Kaede asked.
"I'll tell you after class. Normally, I would take her to a place like an arcade but I want her to be extra impressed by me so we're gonna go somewhere with more spice! So in return, she'll be extra-extra pressured to go out with me!" She slouched a bit from her position and blushed, she noticed Kaede saw her so she went back to being confident.
"Just remember: I'll be with you every step of the way!" Kaede reassured.

After school, Angie and Himiko set off on their adventure to find the ingredients for the potion of love.
"Himikoooooo!" Tenko called out. It was hard, but Himiko resisted saying "Nyeh".
"Tenko? Do you need something?" Tenko was almost completely out of breath, it took her a while to get back to her normal breathing.
"Do you want to go to laser tag with me today? I already paid for reservations. Angie can come too if she likes." Himiko's heart sank. She didn't want to refuse her offer, but she didn't have a choice.
"I'm sorry Tenko, I would love to go with you, but I can't today."
"Tomorrow then?"
"Not tomorrow either, or the next day, or the day after that. Sorry, Tenko." She stared at the ground. "Come on Angie, let's go."
"Bye-bye Tenko!" Angie walked backward, waving to Tenko. Tenko waved back, but not nearly as enthusiastically as Angie.

"First on the list, we have to go looking for frogs. You'll find them in the forest inside their houses. The kind of frog we're looking for though is called the Spotted Heart Frog."
"Seems easy enough! But how will we get to the forest?" Inquired Angie.
"Simple, we walk there." Angie was taken aback by her answer. Normally, Himiko would never volunteer to walk even an inch, especially for Tenko's sake.

Eventually, when they got to the forest and looking for frogs, Himiko found the one they needed.
"I got it!" She called out to Angie, who was a few meters away looking for the same frog.
"Great! What's next on the list?" Himiko got out her notebook and crossed off "Spotted Heart Frog"
"We have to get a cherry. From a cherry tree."
"But Himiko, cherry trees are only in season in the spring, it's autumn right now!" Worried Angie.
"I didn't want to resort to this, but we'll have to get it from the supermarket. It won't be as high quality but we don't have another choice. Let's go walk there right now!" Angie admired Himiko's determination, she could probably never do it herself.

The door opened automatically, Himiko was phased.
"Why are you staring at it like that?"
"I didn't know doors could open without you opening them!" Squealed Himiko.
"Have you never gone to the store?"
"No, my mom is the one who goes shopping, sometimes my dad. But this is the coolest thing I've ever seen!" She skipped through the door and watched it close. She then skipped back up to it again, watching it open and close. It amused her more than Angie thought it would.
"Come on, we have to get the stuff now, don't we?"

"Cherries, cherries, cherries, cherries..." Angie mumbled in the fruit aisle. She had given up hope on Himiko helping her as she was in the candy aisle gasping about their humongous selection.
"Ah! Here they are!" Angie picked up a bag of cherries.
"Himiko, I found them!"
"You did? Then let's buy them! Do you have the money? I left it at home."
"Yeah I do....but I didn't want to spend it. Oh well, if it's for your sake!" She rummaged through her pockets and found some loose change scattered around.

"What's next on the list?"
"This will be the easiest to find." Himiko didn't bother to look up from her notebook.
"It's called a Valerian Root. I have some growing in my garden. It comes from a magical seed that my master gave me."
"Himiko, I didn't know you had a garden." She nodded her head.
"My house is this way. If we go through the back there's a chance my mom won't see me."

She led Angie to her house and they got the plant they needed.
"That was all the ingredients we need for the first potion, now we need to get some more for the second one." She slowly walked to her back sliding door. Himiko carefully opened it and prompted Angie to follow. She tiptoed to her bedroom where all the material would be.
"I don't feel like going through all the trouble to go mining. So the baconite we need is right here."
"Baconite?" Himiko went to her closet when she pulled out a drawer with an arrangement of ores. She got out a rock with a soft, red colored metal that oddly has a faint smell of juicy, delicious cured pork.
"So that's baconite."
"Next, we have to get some more food. Potatoes and salmons to be exact. I'll be back." Himiko came back a minute later with one potato and one salmon. In her arms.
"You're gonna start making the potion tomorrow?"
"Yeah, my parents won't let me keep a cauldron in here so the only place I can make one is at school." She gathered all her materials and put them in a small bag.

"Soon, me and Tenko will be together, forever."