Chapter 14: Suspicious Whiskey

I couldn't be more uncomfortable facing the lovely couple do sweet gestures infront of us. They have this strong bond that can make everyone envy. I'm not really into romance, but Mr. Cecellion and Lady Carmilla are so lovely and envying to watch.

I can't help but to get nervous. Gusion and Lesley are doing good, while I look like a rock beside Granger who's doing the talk.

"So, you own this company and you want to affiliate business with us, the Alice?" Lady Carmilla enunciated.

Granger nodded, "Actually, we just own half of it but we're getting on the part of getting it fully. We've heard that Alice has branches. It would be better for us if we negotiate with each other, so I'm asking beyond formality. I hope you consider our offer."

"I barely know your company," Cecellion spoke making Granger and I quietly tremble, "And you don't look like a couple to me." He smirked and waved his hand calling a server, "A Whiskey please for the lady in burgundy dress and her husband."

This company we represent really exist, but we are not literally the owner. Officer Valir holds this company, and we are on the act of undercover. However, officer Vale and Lunox made everything settled. We are just going to set foot and do better acts because everything is fine, the back up is wrapped around our organization's hand.

I awkwardly smiled, "Thank you."

What is he doing? And what are we going to do?

The server immediately arrived lending us the bottle of whiskey. He filled our wine glasses and put the whiskey at the center of our table.

"Need anything, sire?"

Cecellion shook his head, "No, that would be all. Thanks," he said pointing the whiskey.

The server left, making Granger and I felt the heavy tension again. I glanced at Lady Carmilla who secretly winked at the server making me furrowed.

I guess they're too close with the staffs here. I've heard that they own half of this restaurant in this very hotel, they're probably richer than anyone could thought.

Lady Carmilla smiled when she noticed I was staring at her. I awkwardly smiled back and stared at Granger who's talking with Cecellion. I silently gasped when Granger and Cecellion picked the wine glass, both cheered for alliance and drink without faltering. Lady Carmilla and I just stared at the guys who's talking while drinking.

I suddenly felt nervous when I noticed Granger blushing. Cecellion is naturally pale, I noticed how his cheeks blushed as well but Granger hit different. Granger's eyes suddenly became sleepy, and I somehow panicked.

I tapped Granger's back, "H—hubby Grangey?"

He glanced at me with sleepy eyes and smiled, "We're getting them," He mouthed.

"Are you drunk?" I whispered, flustering on the way Granger looked at me.

I gritted my teeth glancing at the whiskey bottle up to Cecellion and to Lady Carmilla who's just staring at us. I immediately looked way noticing how the lady observe us. I turned my eyes on Granger who's cheeks is burning, his eyes almost down, what's with his sudden acts all of a sudden?

"Oh, Cecellion don't really drink." Lady Carmilla spoked and held Cecellion's face to kiss his cheeks, "I think your husband don't drink as well?"

I nodded, "U—uhm, Yeah."

"Your husband got us. We'll be negotiating with your company, and I hope that you fully claim your company. We are up on claiming Alice as well, but the owner is still active so we still do not have the very chance." Lady Carmilla said making me felt relieved somehow and alert at the same time, "But you don't look like a couple to me."