Chapter 5

So far so good. 

Elijah has peacefully disappeared from my desk when I went out to fetch his coffee and could neither be found in his office nor anywhere else. Before his unnamed absence, he has stuck on my desk a great many blue, green sticky notes informing me about the chores to run today. It wasn't something very optimistic. So, I decided to invest an hour and a half in redecorating the white space with whatsoever material I had brought with me. 

I moved the desk beside the window. Changed the position of the dried plant from the sill to my desk and emptied my bottled water into it. After moving a few things here and there and filling the drawers and pen-stand with the few stationary that I had with me I was confident that I had done enough and started peeling the notes off one by one and trying to perform the task simultaneously.

I proceeded to his office and emptied the last book self and deposited the mentioned filed in the trash can. Then I proceeded on to my room to calculate a simple table chart about a  boutique hotel far away in southern Italy. The conditions didn't gainsay more of it. I didn't quite understand why he would ever want to buy something so inferior. 

The pictures of the building looked like old scrap pieces.

Absentmindedly I somehow managed to knock down the glass next to me. The shattering sound echoing through the empty space. 

"God!" 

I couched down with some white papers in my hand to somehow deposit the waste mass away.

"Trouble already?" 

I look up to be graced with none but Alessandro. Italian men have somehow mastered the art of silent walk. As I didn't get a single sound of the door opening the expensive shoes sticking against the flashing marble.

"Not quite already," I say and throw the glass along with the papers in the trash can.

 "Well you made an excellent entry today I hear," he smirks and sits down on the side chair playing with the paperweight in his broad hands. The fresh atmosphere around me has somehow changed to a spicy scent of ylang. 

"And you hear a lot and unnecessary objectives I tell you," he laughs his head ducking down, I don't know why but I consider this act hot. Probably because my brain is still nuts from the accident. 

"So, where is Elijah? Not that I don't know what is to be done but still, he disappeared quite mysteriously." An attendant comes and pours us some purple drinks that I decided against. This office has some wired customs that I was yet to get fully accustomed to.

Alessandro opens his mouth but the words escape only after the third person leaves.

"If you are not told this means that it is something that you should not pay attention to. He has a world out there, a big one to manage on his on terms that he would rather not tell somehow as fresh as you." 

Those eyes, those green dots, and their mischievousness in every word. It was something........ really something that I just couldn't put a figure on but I knew would per locate me later. Most importantly I couldn't really understand that I feared Elijah's dominance more or the bent on the anguish of his gaze .

"Not that I intend to know of the shady business but there are certain things that he wants me to do that I have no clue of."
 He gets up inspecting the cuffs of his purple suit and steals a glance at his watch.

"Dolcemente that's exactly I why decided to show up. So let's get up and get going."

 Dol- what?........ But before my brain could get halfway through it he was already halfway outside the door.

"But work is supposed to be done in-office right?" I called after him stuffing my phone case inside the bag.

"Dolcemente it's not America, you don't count sheets sitting there in that little space that you decided to decorate, you need to go out to take the look at the situazione . You don't sit in the office and do shit, you go out and you do bullshit." He said with a taste of thrill and I could scene, taste, and feel trouble already. Hell, I knew this man was trouble the moment I walked in.

But strange beyond imagination. But what work could one expect outside the office until we ride and shoot?

His words somehow ignited a strange sense of excitement in me. 

"What do we do then?" 

Alessandro pulled out a white slip from his trousers and threw it at me, my hands immediately conjoined to catch the object of operation. 

'CASENTINO' 

On the entire slip was imprinted in bold. What was casentino? I had no idea in the world

"What's Casentino?"

"It's the valley we go now, to meet your boss that you are very eager to." He replied with an expression I somehow couldn't see as he dashed off no sooner than the words escaped his mouth.

"Wait of me......You-."

I managed to cope up with him, the spicy scent somehow making me feel dizzy with every step I took. So, to avoid getting fainted I maintained a  healthy distance until we reached the parking lot, which didn't go unnoticed by Alessandro which he, fortunately, didn't comment on. As the black Ferrari stared with a roar I held on tight to meet the one and only man who has preoccupied my mind for more than half of the day and to know more about the situazione........