Fireworks Are Spherical

Six fifty-five in the morning when Sevgi woke up from a loud scream. He storm off and into the bedroom where he sees Leibe kicking the blankets and shoving off air.

The pillows were off the bed, her hair was a mess and she kept sobbing that made him stop for a moment. Then he remembers what Merida told him.

"Leibe," he calls her name. She then looks up, her eyes flooded with tears.

"There w-were fire a-ants crawling on to my legs!" she cries. "I-I swear!"

Things like this should be considered normal, Sevgi thought in his head before showing a smile. He then got on the bed and hugged her tight and she hugged him tighter.

"I believe you, Leibe..." he whispers and kiss the top of her head. "I'm here now, there's nothing to fear."

Calming her seemed so easy to do but it was more than just hugging Leibe. It was also empathizing with her. So that he understood what she's going through.

After Leibe had calmed down, Sevgi took her to the resort's dining area. They didn't have dinner so he ordered a lot of for them both. And he could see her eyes went round as she sees all the food.

"All these food are delicious! Are you sure we can afford this?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes, we can and it's all for you," he replied, chuckling at her cuteness.

The excitement Sevgi was seeing in Leibe's face was priceless. Of all people that he can possibly fall in love with, it was Leibe. She turned his world upside down and now he was willing to do anything for her.

"Hey! Sevgi? You there?"

He snapped out of his thoughts and seen Leibe's hand waving in front of his face.

"Uhm... yeah?"

Instead of answering, Leibe had burst out laughing which confused Sevgi. What was so funny that she was turning red already?

"What are you laughing about?" his forehead slightly puckered.

"Nothing..." she said, both corners of her mouth curved up.

"I think it's something."

Sevgi raised a brow at her but she didn't mind him. Instead, she was busy with her foods that's why he pouted. His face was resting on his palm and he was being playful with the food.

"You shouldn't treat the foods like that!" Leibe scolded him. "You know the vegetables are being plucked with the farmer's sweat and pigs had to die for the meat. Atleast be happy while eating them."

"Really?" he smirked. "That's a psychopathic way of thinking about eating these foods on our table!"

Leibe then glares at him. She stabbed a piece of meat that she cut and raised it in front of him.

"Ahh," she adorably said, opening her mouth wide.

If Sevgi was still the trouble maker he would think of this as ridiculous but now, it makes him plaster a big smile on his face.

As commanded, he opened his mouth wide while Leibe feeds him the slice of meat. He chew on it and his eyes were hardly seen as he drew his mouth for his biggest and the cutest smile.

"I love you, Leibe," he told her after swallowing the whole meat.

"I love you too, my Sevgi."

After hearing an answer, they continue to eat joyfully. At that moment, it seemed like there was not a flaw in their relationship. But there's always more to it than meets the eye.

Once they finished eating, they decided to hit the sparkling ocean. Of course, knowing Sevgi was always the jealous type when it comes to Leibe, he didn't let her wear a showy swimsuit. Instead, he made her wear his zeppelin shirt.

The way Sevgi sees it, Leibe was having fun with the water. He had to rent a doughnut float for her because she couldn't swim.

"When was the last time you went to see the ocean?" he asked, keeping her float still.

"I've never until we came here."

That seemed like a lie but knowing her background, it was possible that she never has. All her life was spent on fighting so many diseases and she had told him about that.

"I'm glad that I was the first one to show you..."

Suddenly, Leibe cupped his face and in her mouth shows a bright smile.

"I feel like I'm on ecstasy right now," she whispers and let go of his face.

It was too bad that they couldn't get any closer because of the float. So, Sevgi leaned forward just to reach her lips. She couldn't even get away because he had his arms resting on to that float.

The swim was exhausting. After they showered, they ended up fast asleep cuddling in bed.

When they woke up again, the time was five ten in the evening. Earlier they overheard that there was a firework display after the sunset.

Now, they're both going to go and ask about the display ever being true. Sevgi volunteered to go ask while he told Leibe to stay at grand hall.

It took him a while but as soon as he has all the information, he went back to where he left her. The hall was quiet when he left but now, an angelic voice and the sound of a grand piano. The melody seemed familiar to him.

If only you and I could meet

Somewhere far from this torment,

I would like for you to sweep me off my feet,

Again and again, like a replay for this moment...

The second he saw Leibe gracefully pressing onto the keys and singing her sadness away, his whole body was paralyzed. It was even getting harder to breath as he listens to the emotion she was flowing out.

But the love you have and the time I've got,

They're perfect match but they never last.

And if one day our love could reach somewhere,

I hope that once again, you and I can be there.

Just as Leibe finishes her song, the fireworks had light up the sky. The round roof of the grand hall was made of clear glass which makes it clear for them to see the fireworks.

At a distance, Sevgi watches as the fireworks reflected into Leibe's eyes. The bright smile on her face as she looks up was enough to make him feel contented.

His mouth curved upwards, his hands in his pockets as he remained staring at Leibe's cheerful face. Never on his life did he believe that fireworks has some charms in them. But now, he can see clearly that fireworks are really spherical.