Chapter XIi

7th of January

I wanted to bring you here and show you the far side away from town. I come here every now and then. I wanted us to write letters because I heard when people slip letters in books here, they'll never lose love...

Funny... because even though I love you, I think I never really said it.

•••

1st of April

Happy April Fools and I've fooled you, didn't I? I fooled you into thinking I was cool and understanding. I fooled you into thinking I wanted you to choose him but my heart was screaming "choose me". You didn't hear, huh?

That's terribly okay. I assumed the worst but deep down I was still crossing my fingers.

•••

8th of May

Maybe I wanted to marry you, maybe I wanted to spend the rest of my short life with you... maybe I wanted to kiss you and love you so hard or just even hug you... but you see as I keep looking straight at you... you're just looking the other way.

I had to smile... but you know it hurts. It broke my heart and I can't be angry about it.

•••

5th of August

A fine day in town, I saw old friends laughing at a park. Honestly I wanted to approach them but when I looked into your eyes I... I saw no room for me. The distance between you and me, it was too far. I couldn't get to you anymore.

So, instead of walking right ahead, I'd rather make the left turn just so our fate don't intertwine anymore. You know when it does, it'll only split my heart in more pieces.

•••

25th of December

It got pretty cold and I have no more time. I've been weak so I might just fade away too.

I suddenly remember when I stared at your face when you were cleaning at the orphanage. Do you even remember? Because I still do. I swear, I would've told you my warm
"I love you".

Sadly, it wasn't mine you wanted. And I think in this end, still,

I love you ... but it turned cold as December, didn't it?