Under The Lights

Why do people dance?

That question was lingering in Leibe's mind as she stares at herself in the mirror. It's Friday night and she wore that dress Nyugi bought her. Naomi was done with her simple make up and now she was working on the hair.

But of course she wasn't going to the prom with Sevgi, but she was going somewhere that is called home.

"You're almost done, sweetheart." Naomi told her spraying some chemicals to her hair.

"When I was young, did I ever play hide and seek?"

Leibe watches at Naomi's reflection stopping for a moment.

"No, not really..."

Oh yes, she almost forgot she was sick all her life. If her parents hadn't work hard before they died, she would've been so much of a burden right now.

"There are some papers I need you to sign for me," Leibe said, smiling.

"Really? What is that for?"

"Random papers."

The way Naomi raised a brow almost sent a panic attack to Leibe. But if she wants those paper signed so she has to remain smiling.

"Are you and Sevgi trying to get married?"

"What?" It made Leibe laugh with her forehead slightly wrinkled. "You really think I would marry Sevgi in this state?"

"It sounded so important!" Naomi yells. "Oh, I'm done."

"I look pretty. Thank you." She stands up and hug her aunt. Then she whispers, "Can you not tell Nyugi about the papers? I just want to travel, and he will definitely check those himself."

Naomi nodded and brightly smile at Leibe.

"Now, let's go down. I think both gentlemen is waiting for you."

As Leibe descends the stairs, she saw Nyugi having a proud face, Sevgi gaping, and her uncle Johnny shedding some tears away. Johnny was the most emotional amongst them. Which is why, Leibe kinda feels, she's getting married instead of just going home.

"My sweet little girl!" Johnny cries as she finally walk towards the men.

"Uncle! Stop the tears!"

"You can't blame me! You all look like your ready to leave the nest!"

"Aish father!" Nyugi twitched his mouth in annoyance. "Gather round and let's take some pictures before leaving the house."

So they gather up, Leibe at the center in the first photo they took. They changed positions some more and after some shots, Nyugi requested for Leibe and Sevgi.

"You look so beautiful tonight," he whispers that made Leibe look at him.

"You look handsome in that tuxedo too," her mouth curved up.

"You two can flirt later! I'm about to get late for prom! Just smile at the camera!" Nyugi yells that made them all laugh.

After bidding their good nights, they went their separate ways. The Sheldon's going out on a date, Nyugi driving to his date's apartment, and them going home.

In front of their door, Sevgi took out a blindfold and put it on her eyes. She knew that they'll be having a romantic date at their house but the blindfold effect made her chuckle.

"Is this really necessary? What if I bump on to the chair?"

"You won't! I'm here!" he laughs.

Leibe heard the door unlocking and then she was pulled softly inside. She knew that the person holding her was careful enough.

"I smell roses!" Leibe exclaimed. "Did you scatter petals?"

"No!" Sevgi was chuckling. "Now stop!"

So she stopped and mouthed "okay".

"Should I take off the blindfold now?"

"Go ahead."

The moment she did, her eyes widened. Their unit was full of warm fairy lights and pictures of them--mostly hers--are hanged. Then there's the dinner table with the scented candle and some flowers.

"With all these lights, I feel like I'm in a magical place! This is astounding!" The happiness in her heart was overflowing. "Thank you!"

Sevgi who was smiling the whole time, moved closer to Leibe. He took her hand and kiss the back of it.

"It ain't all," he mutters. "May I have all of your dance tonight, my lady?"

"Yes!" She couldn't help but giggle with the joy she was feeling.

To start their night, Sevgi pulled the chair out for Leibe. Once she was comfortably seated, she was surprised that he run towards their kitchen. She chuckled when she recalls, they were alone. Sevgi has to be everything tonight.

It didn't take him long and he came back with their food--

"Omurice?" She raised a brow, chuckling softly.

"Why? You think it's only for breakfast?"

"No! It's just I'm surprised!"

"This is not a dinner at a restaurant! I make the rules! I can only cook with eggs!"

Sevgi shouting his defenses made her throw her head back laughing like a kid. It's strange, because she thinks that Sevgi is so perfect and far from the first night they met when she thought he's so ugly. Honestly, she thought that she was to save Sevgi but it seems like she's the one that needs saving.

And it made her smile while staring at the face that once has bruises and bandage strips. To be fair, she wasn't really sure if it was Sevgi the second time when they met at the hospital. She just had her intuition to trust and it didn't fail her.

After their omelette dinner, Sevgi stood up and ask for her hand. "Can I have this dance?" he winked that made her grin.

Under the lights, he held her left hand and put his right around her waist. With a smile on his face he stares at her.

"I might be bad at this," she whispers, worry painted her face. "What if I step on you?"

"Then every time you step on me, you owe me a wish."

"Wishes? But I ain't no shooting star to grant it."

There was silence for a moment. Then Sevgi gently swayed her and replied, "Shooting stars doesn't grant any wishes... they're simply there for us to feel hope. But you, you're all the wish I have."

The lights surrounding them reflected in Sevgi's eyes, making them sparkly as she gaze up at them. Hope, she thought.

"Sevgi..." she whispers as they continue to sway. "You're my only hope."