Chapter 2: Last night

Skylar's POV:

3:00 am

I could feel the burning pain in my chest, my lungs begging for air as I lay curled up in a pool of my own blood. It's like I am paralysed. Everytime I try to moved pain attacks my body. I can't talk. I can't scream. I'm suffocating. It's like I'm drowning.

(The night before)

I was laying on my matress when I heard the front door open. My heart drops. My father is home.

"SKYLAR! Skylar you ungrateful bitch get your ugly ass down here right now!"

I heard two other voices coming from downstairs. I start hyperventilating. No! I feel like I am trapped like the walls are closing in. I hear him scream again. I run down the stairs to see my father throwing a beer bottle at me, I duck just in time. Shit he was drunk. When he is drunk he brings men home. When he brings men home they hurt me. They rape me.

Fear terrorises my body as my father puches me in the face until I drop to the floor. I receive multiple kicks and punches and slaps until my father picks me up and pins me against the wall.

"You bitch!", he screams, "You took her away from me it's your fault she is dead! I will fucking kill you one day!"

He is talking about my mother. He blames me for her death. He is not wrong it was my fault. I tried not to scream. If I scream the beatings getting worse. He punches me once in the face and again in the gut as I fall onto the floor and curl up into a ball feeling weak.

I then remember that there are two other people in this house who probably not only witnessed what my father just did to me but are also about to do worse. My head snaps up and I see two men in business attire grinning at me whilst my father was stood next to them wearing a white vest and brown joggers.

They began to unzip their trousers and come closer to me and start ripping my clothes off. I am left in nothing but my bra and underwear, my father is still screeching insults at me but I am not listening I am trying to get up and run from these two men. One of them takes the cigarette out of their mouth and pressed it down digging into my arm. I let out a muffled scream. I can't even stand up. They start to put their filthy mouths all over my body I try to get away. I want to scream and cry.

All of a sudden black dots cloud my vision and I fall unconscious...
(Present day)

I begin to remember all the events that ocurred the night before wishing I hadn't, wishing I had died. He was going to kill me one day he didn't care about me. I'm broken...yes that's right my life is full of heartbreak and sadness and my family has fallen apart. My father who was supposed to protect me abuses me always drinking and making me feel like shit but what can I do about it?

After about 15 minutes of laying on the cold wooden floor I manage to start to crawl towards the staircase. Each step puts me in agonising pain. Each breathe gave me a burn in my chest. My ribs are definitely broken.

I get to the bathroom after what feels like forever and turn the light on. I look at myself in horror. Scars, bruises, cuts littering my pale skin. I start to sob as I stare at myself in the mirror. All I can see is what my father sees. Fat. Ugly. Whore. Slut. Tears spill uncontrollably and I am left looking like even more of a mess.

I rummage in the drawers to find a towel, first aid kit and razor blade. I bring the blade to my arm, each new cut giving me a sense of relief. I begin to carve the word fat into my arm. Once I am satisfied I get a wet cloth and clean my cuts. Hissing in pain as the cloth went against my bruises. I got into the shower washing all the dried blood out of my hair.

I doctored my wounds and then I got changed into dark blue skinny jeans, an oversized hoodie and a pair of white converse. I put some braclets on just in case my sleeves roll up a bit and put foundation over my bruises. I left my hair down covering the red hand prints on my neck.

I clean up the bathroom and go into my room it's 4:00 am. There isn't much to my room. All my clothes are in a pile in the corner and I have a mattress with a blanket as well as a small mirror I saved up for a year to get. My father only gives me enough money to get makeup to coverup my bruises so I try to save up as much as I can from any leftover money.

I make sure everything looks okay and make my way downstairs. It's a mess. There is a pool of my blood on the floor and glass all over the floor. An hour passes until I have finished cleaning up after last night. I begin preparing his breakfast and lunch and wait around till 6:00 am so that I can leave for school. I still have unimaginable pain on my ribs and legs, every step I take my legs threaten to collapse.

6:00 am time to go ( yes it takes me an hour to walk to school but I am limping majority of the time) I grab my belongings and get out the door grateful for not bumping into my father this morning.
(A/N) what do you guys think of the second chapter??? Also if you liked it you don't have to but could you please vote for the book and press the star so it gives the book a boost :)))