Chapter 11: Waking up

Skylar's POV:

My ribs burned. My back stung. My body ached. I open my eyes to see white everywhere. I realise I am in a hospital bed. I see Alec, he is holding my hand sat next to me. Taylor is on the other side of me watching me with teary eyes. Tyler and Alec smile at me weakly.

Ash looks at me with pity. Great. He feels bad for me. There are also two other people who I have never seen in my life in the room. One was a girl. She was about my age with bright pink wavy hair. The other was a boy, he was pale and had a structured face and dirty blonde hair with Jay standing next to him.

I look down and see tubes in me everywhere.

"Hey." Jace says softly. I can't do this right now. Explain everything. I know he deserves an explanation but I can't give him one.

"Get out." None of them leave.

"Get out! I said leave!" I can feel the tears running down my face. They were too close to the truth. I couldn't face them. I lied to them. They are probably disgusted by me.

"No. We are not leaving. I am not leaving." Alec says.

"I don't want you here. LEAVE!" I start sobbing. Alec pulls me into his arms and doesn't let me go until I calm down and Taylor speaks up.

"Skylar. Are you okay?"

"Mhmm. T-thank you for h-helping me all of you. I a-am sorry about that outburst. I am not used to p-people caring." I whisper.

"Well you better get used to it. We are here now. You are stuck with us." Tyler says with a bright smile on his face.

I nod. Then Jay finally says something.

"Hey, you okay sweetcheeks?"

"Yeahhh" I roll my eyes at his and Tyler's stupid nickname for me.

"This Mia and that is my brother Jace." Jay says whilst gesturing towards the pink haired girl and the boy.

"Nice to meet you guys." I say with a weak smile on my face.

"Nice to meet you too Skylar even though we wish it was under better circumstances."

"I have never seen you guys before, what school do you go to?"

Mia laughs, "We don't go to school we work for Alec."

"You work for him?"

"Yeah." Jace replies.

"Can I have moment alone with Skylar."

They all nod and leave. They listened to Alec. Every thing he said they would do.

"Skylar do you know who I am?" He asked in a soft voice.

"Yeah you're Alec. The school badboy who took interest in me."

All of a sudden I remembered what Max said to me about Alec's "gang" I never gave it much thought but everyone did always says he was in a gang.

"You're in a gang. I think"

"Mhmm. I am a gangleader. Is that okay with you?"

I don't care if he is a gangleader. He is still Alec. My Alec. No Skylar he isn't yours.

"Y-yeah it's okay."

"Good. What happened Skylar?"

"I-I can't t-tell you Alec."

"Why not? You know I would never let anyone hurt you." He squeezed my hand a little tighter. The look in his eyes killed me.

"I know" I whispered.

Before he can say anything else the doctor interrupts us.

"Miss Evergreene we need to speak with you. Would you like your boyfriend to say with you?"

I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. Alec is grinning at me. I roll my eyes.

"H-he can stay."

"Okay. Well you have numerous scars, bruises,cuts, burns on your body and a few broken ribs. On your back you had a huge gash and these aren't ol-"

Alec cuts him off.

"I think she knows what's on her body now get to the point."

"Um, you have some internal bleeding and you need to look after yourself and be very careful. Also we need to know who did this to you?"

"It's been handled." Alec says and shoots him a glare telling him to shut up.

"Okay. We need to keep you in for observation for two more days and then we can discharge you."

"O-okay. T-thank you."

The doctor leaves and the others enter. We spend the afternoon talking to each other making jokes. I felt normal for once. I felt carefree. I was happy.

The next two days were nurses checking in every hour and the guys coming over for a few hours. I got closer with Mia and Taylor all three of us were good friends now. Me and Alec were getting to know each other more.

I had never felt like this since my mum died. I knew whatever I felt was temporary but still I wanted to enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Today I am getting discharged. Alec was sat with me asleep. He accidentally dosed off. He hasn't slept ever since he found me. I played with his hair for a bit.

I don't want to go back home. I am scared. I told Alec my dad was out of town and that's  why he didn't come back. I think he believed me. I hate myself for lying to him but I have too.

My anxiety kicks in now. I have to see my Dad. How stupid am I? What have I been doing the last few days? It's like I forgot what my life is going to be like when I got back home.

I don't know what I thought would happen. I just have to be careful from now on. Alec can't know. He already suspects so I need to make sure he doesn't find out anything else.

(A/N) Heyyyy guys! What do you think of this chapter? Should Skylar tell Alec about what is going on? Lemme knowwwww