Chapter 42

"We literally have a dead body in our trunk. If you think about it, all of this started because you wanted to rob me in a fucking parking lot with a gun to my back like a crazy person."

"I'm gonna kill you too in a minute if you don't be quiet baby." She turns her head back out the window, as my heart is still beating from what just happened. "Okay I'm sorry. Let's just figure it out and get it out of the car." I say putting my hand on her thigh.

"Let's go to the woods or something and bury the body." I look over at her nodding. I jump on the freeway, heading to lord knows where. "After this, we're moving to an island with nobody on it and living happily ever after.

"Do you think she lied about almost getting kidnapped or do you think their connected somehow?" She shrugs laying her head down on the seat. "Can you stay up so I can h-" I look in my review mirror to see sirens. "I know damn well I'm not getting pulled over.." I whisper. "Riley! Get up!"

"W-what?!" I look back at the cop still following us "Should I pull over?" You can tell she was anxious but I couldn't keep driving so I pulled over. "Just be calm baby. We got this." I kiss her cheek, waiting on the cop to come up to the window.

"License and registration please?" He says looking into the car. I grab it handing it to him as calmly as I could without him thinking I'm hiding something. There's a dead body in my trunk, clearly I'm hiding something. He comes back and gives it to me. "Do you mind if I check your vehicle quickly?" I should just pull off now before he even looks. I already know how this is about to end. "Yes sir go ahead."

"Step out of the car, the both of you. And the dog." I look over at Riley hyperventilating. "Calm down, let's just go." We get out walking to the same. "Can I ask what you're looking for?" He doesn't answer and opens the back doors. He looks through the front and now walking to the trunk. "Here's where we go to prison for the rest of our fucking lives because you wanted to take it with us." I whisper.

"What's this?" He says looking up at us and back at the trunk. I walk over to see jugs of water. That's it, nothing else. "Uh- um that's water sir." He nods closing the trunk and letting us go.

"Where's the body?!" I look over at Riley smiling and putting on her seatbelt. "I put it somewhere nobody would find. When you went in the house to get shark again after you told me to put her in the trunk, I put her somewhere else because I had a feeling we would get pulled over or something."

"I love you so much. Fuck I thought we were done for." She kissed my lips turning on the radio. I never thought I would be in this situation but here I am.