[chapter 7] The Game Plan: An Eye for an Eye Leaves the Whole World Blind

I finally finished chapter 7! It look me forever. It was requested that I did a longer chapter, which is definately not my type, but I tried my best. I hope everyone enjoys it :)! As I said it my updates, chapter 1, and 2 will be under construction once the story is finished. Those two are definately my worst chapters. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys chapter 7 :). Please fan/vote/comment please!

   I left Stan's office after our little chat. We had made lunch plans to check out a new sushi bar downtown. Magazines and newspapers were raving about this place. Even the commercials made it seem so spectacular. I was glad to know that Stan was going to help me through this. If it were just myself, I would have lost my cool by now. I probably would have called Janie back and bitched her ear off. Only Stan can keep me professional. 

"Hey! What are you doing for lunch today?" Sam came in all smiles. She was glad to know that I made up with Stan and that he was going to help me keep my cool while dealing with my clients.

"I'm actually heading out with Stan. We're going to form a plan about this whole Nate situation. Maybe dig up some dirt that we could use against him." I smiled back at her. She looked like she was in shock.

"Josie, I know you may hate Nate for what he did to you, but he's still your client! You can't fight fire with fire!" Sam was concerned. Something inside of me told me that she was right. Nate and Janie were my clients; I should be the bigger person. BUT, I know if I play the good guy, I'll get screwed over in the end. Maybe I should have kept it a secret from her. She looked at me concerned.

"Where are you guys going?"

"Some new sushi bar downtown. I don't remember what it's called." I got up from my chair and grabbed my Guess bag. I checked my messages. One was from Stan. I clicked open and my phone froze.

"Please don't make that harsh of a plan." She pleaded. "And the sushi bar is called Sushi Time." I nodded. My text messages finally opened. Stan's message read: ON PHONE WITH CLIENT. MEET YOU THERE. TELL HER YOUR NAME AND SHE WILL SEAT YOU. CHEERS J.

"What day is it by the way?" Sam asked me as I was about to walk into the elevator.

"Sam, are you serious? It's Tuesday." I trotted into the elevator my black stilettos clicking. I pressed 'parking' on the elevator button panels.

"Josie, wait!" I heard Sam shout as the elevator door closed. I smiled. If she thinks she's going to stop me from getting even with Nate, she's got another thing coming!

    I began texting Stan back as I waited for the elevator to go down.

ON MY WAY! PLEASE HURRY!

   The elevator door swung open. I got out and stood there trying to remember where I parked. Lot A, or Lot B?

"Lot B." I mumbled. I always loved the sound of high heels in an underground parking lot. The noise just echoed all throughout the lot. I loved it. I finally got to my car, and I noticed something in-between my windshield wiper and my window.

"A ticket?" I said out loud. "For what?!" I stuffed the ticket in my bag and hopped into the front of my car. I decided I'll check it when I got to the sushi bar so I don't drive like a mad woman. The whole way  to the restaurant, I thought of every possible thing I could have done to get a ticket. Speeding? Parking illegally? Hit and run?; definitely not.

   I finally reached my destination. It  took me forever to get downtown. There was always so much traffic. I walked into the restaurant. It really was cute and quiet! The walls were painted a nice deep red. There were Chinese lanterns hanging along the walls of the restaurant. There was a giant hand painted cherry blossom tree painted against the side wall. It was truly beautiful! This place was a masterpiece! I noticed that the tables were small enough to fit about two people. I walked up to the lady at the podium.