Truth

The next morning I wake up with serenity still in my arms. She shifts closer to my neck and buries her face in it. I smile gently and hold her tighter.

(This is the same way my husband would hold me Zander...Don't let her go ok kid?)

I smirk remembering that I have a female demoness inside of me. (Technically she's a wraith and before you say anything yes there's a difference, but we won't get into that now.)

"I know shyrak, I promise we'll figure everything out...and we will avenge your husband's death." I say.

I look at my best friend whom I love snuggled in my arms. She is very precious to me and I can't lose her...I just can't.

I softly nudge her cheek with my nose to wake her up gently.

"Hey, bunny its time to get up." I say softly.

She mumbles something about carrying her to the bathroom and then the kitchen.

I sigh and get out of bed as she reaches her arms to the sky like a toddler would.

I pick her up, one hand on her back the other under her knees. She nestles into my neck and smiles.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you're being a lazy brat huh?" I ask jokingly.

She smiles and shrugs her shoulders at me.

"Maybe I am and maybe I'm not, don't worry about that just hurry up!" She exclaims.

I finally get her to bathroom and head down to the kitchen to raid the fridge for the good stuff. As I'm rummaging through the fridge I hear her feet stomping on the floor.

"What's wrong up there!?" I ask concerned.

"You forgot me asshole!" She yells back.

I sigh and walk back over to the staircase. Looking up at the slightly ticked off but deeply sadden little bunny.

I walk up the stairs and lift her back into my arms. We get to the kitchen and as I set her down I notice a shadow on the wall that I'd never seen before.

(Zander both of you need to go...NOW!)

I had never heard shyrak say anything out of fear. I grab serenity and take off out of the house.

"Hey, Zander slow down what is wrong!?" She yells.

"I'll explain when we get to my home for now hold on tight and do let go." i say to her as she firmly places herself on my back.

I kick it into overdrive and allow my shape shifting to take over enhancing my lungs so I can run longer.

(Zander hurry...I can feel it gaining)

Shyrak is so worried, but what is it that's chasing us? Or rather who was sent to chase us.

(I'VE GOT YOU NOW LITTLE TARGON!) The demonic voice yelled into my head.

(You'll not have him beast of bragah I'll kill you myself before that happens!)

When shyrak spoke those words i felt something break away from me.

"Serenity I said hold on!"

"I am Zander, I never once let go of you." She responded.

I look up and see nothing, left and right...still nothing down and I see my shadow morphing.

I run faster than ever before, just a few blocks away from home. Come on I know I can make it there. Just gotta run faster...run faster.

I see something materialize beside me before I have time to react, shyrak's hand emerges from my shadow grabbing the thing and throwing it across the pavement.

(You two are safe...for now, quickly get inside of the house.)

(She certainly sounds relieved.) I say to myself as I unlock the front door and step inside.

Out of breath now I gently place serenity on the couch and lay out on the floor.

"hijo estás en casa?" She calls from the kitchen.

"si madre quería hacerte algunas preguntas." I respond back.

She walks out to living room and sees serenity and I. Her face changes as she notices my body morphing back to normal.

She smiles at serenity and walks over to us.

"entonces has visto la verdad...de quien eres realmente hijo?" She asks.

"está bien madre serenidad ya lo sabe...no escondas nada de ella ni de mi madre por favor, madre por favor dinos que soy?" I ask her.

She sighs heavily and looks at us with tears in her eyes.

"I never thought this would happen so soon...I wanted to protect you Son no matter what." She says.

"Mrs. Mays exactly, what is Zander?The form he takes when his rage overpowers him is quite frightening." Serenity explains.

My mother's eyes grow in shock and amazement.

"Can you explain this form to me honey?"

Serenity takes a deep breath and gives my mother the details of what happened Friday night.

"His form was like a wolf but with...lion like features, as if he didn't know which to choose." Serenity explained.

My mom stands and walks to the secret door I was never allowed into as a child.

"Zander its time you knew the truth of who you are and who...your biological father is." She sighs.

Serenity an i exchange glances at one another before I stand and walk over to the door.

"Serenity you come as well its obvious my son has chosen you." My mother crypticly says.

"Chosen me, for what exactly?"

"For a spot, or rather a permanent spot in his life, heart, and soul." My mother responds.

I hang my head and shake it from side to side. Exactly what I needed today first to be chased by whatever the hell that thing was and now my feelings and I were thrown under the bus.

Serenity stands and walks over to me forcing me to look at her.

"Zander is...is that true?"

"Y-yes bunny it is, but I know you will never have feelings for me and that's ok...as long as I have you in my life I'll be alright." 

My mother unlocks the door and a powerful scent erupts from the dark room.

(It smells of demons, death, decay, and...runes. runes for love, purity, and protection.)

(Shyrak what are we walking into right now?)

(Seems you're mother was prepared to tell you the truth, but your father tried his hardest to prevent that.)

Sometimes I'm glad my mom is a witch and that her vast knowledge has kept us safe over the years.

But now its finally time for the curtain to be lifted. Its time I knew the truth so I can protect us...all of us further.