The Past

As serenity and I entered into the room my mother chanted some spells, spells of protection and divine healing.

When she was through she closed the door. Serenity and I were alone with nothing but my wraith, our wits, and my ability to transform.

(Your mother is a mystic one, to be able to fend off demons and what not for so long is quite...admirable.)

Shyrak has been quite talkative as of late, its a welcome distraction from being thrown under the bus a few moments ago.

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Serenity gasps and backs into me almost knocking me down.

"Y-you heard that too right Zander?"

"Yea, whatever it is it sounds like it's been waiting for us." I respond back.

(TRY EXPECTING LITTLE DEMON, I AM MEERAK AND I SHALL BE THE LAST THING YOU EVER SEE!)

Why is that everyone's go to line Jesus fucking christ its always the same thing so annoying.

At any rate a dark hole spewed from the hardwood floor. Out of it a menacing shadow came forth.

Without warning it lashed out a powerful gust of toxic air. I wrapped my arms around serenity and shielded her from the attack.

When the wind died my back was scorched and I felt weaker than normal.

(Focus Zander, use your ability to heal yourself.)

"I wish I knew how to do that shyrak." I respond in a hushed tone.

I felt the earth slipping from under me. So I focused on a specific rune in the corner of the room. It was meant for love and devotion.

I felt a surge of power in an instant my wounds were somehow...healing at a rapid rate. I was pulled from my thoughts when serenity let out a scream.

The shadow had her in its clutches and was trying to possess her body. I became filled with rage and fury.

The transformation was over in an instant. But I felt something different about this one. I knew I was bigger and stronger but did I maintain my speed and agility.

There was only one way to be sure, I launched myself at the shadow moving in the blink of an eye.

I collided with it pinning it down and slashing at its arm. Finally tearing it off serenity was free. The shadow grabbed me by my throat and began to squeeze the life from me.

(I'LL KILL YOU HERE AND NOW SON OF TARGON!)

"NO...YOU...WILL...NOT." I said through short gasps of air.

Serenity ran to the alter and grabbed my mother's spell book. She hurriedly flipped through the pages. I guess she found what she was looking for, because I heard reciting a spell i don't know what for exactly but I'll find out soon.

"Cast these shadows back to hell here me now, your sweet southern belle calls. What's done in the dark must come to light banish this shadow back to the NIGHT!." She said.

A powerful orb of light filled the room blinding me and the shadow. In a last ditch effort I used what little strength I had left to rip free of the shadow.

It tried to avoid the light but was unsuccessful. Before it was overtaken by the orbs light it tried to grab serenity again.

I stood on shaky legs and forced a ferocious roar or howl i don't know which so let's say both. The Soundwaves from it caused the shadow to lose its ground.

It was sucked into the orb of light, never to be seen again. Finally the worst of it was over. Serenity winced in pain and collapsed to the floor.

"Serenity!"

"Sh-shh, please...Zander m-my head hurts."

I was so relieved when she spoke those words. I picked her up and cradled her in my arms. She scratches behind my ear and rubs my head.

"Good boy." She says softly.

I smile and place her on the mat in the corner of the room. I walk over to the alter to discover my history.

(You must sacrifice drops of blood to get your answers Zander)

Of course I do, what am I Thor Odinson? I sigh taking my clawed hand and raking the nails against my human flesh the drops of blood spilled onto the altar.

Suddenly I was shrouded in absolute darkness. I saw images, images of Targon and my...my mother. I realized not only was I seeing the past but I was looking through their eyes.

The images lasted for 30 seconds but felt like 30 minutes to me. When I was finally set free serenity was awake and feeling like herself again.

"Well what did you see Zander?" She asked me.

I stood there in silence, I saw...everything how they lived, how they were treated, and the different paths they took. Yes what my father...I mean Targon was going to do to this world is insane, but...in my heart of hearts I feel his pain.

"ALEXANDER MINATO MAYS!"

I snap back to earth only to find the little spitfire marching up to me.

"Why are you saying my whole government name name woman?"

"You know I hate being ignored when I ask you a question."

"Sorry Seren, I got...lost in thought."

Our friendly spout ended there we walked out of the room her more rejuvenated than I. So thats it huh, thats my history, my mother and Targon?

I have to accept that Targon is my dad or I'll never be able to accept myself...or my past.