Foolishly In Love (Louis Tomlinson Fan Fiction)

I looked at him from across the room, his eyes twinkling with every word he said. His soft pink lips moving swiftly as the words slid off of his tongue. I bit my lip softly and looked down at my iPhone, pretending not to care about what was going on.

"Jess! Jessica! Jessica Payne!," Liam called my name from across the table. "Hmm?," I asked, still thinking about him. "What's wrong with you today? You're so out of it," my big brother said clearly, trying to lecture me into coming outside with him.

We were at Liam's 19th Birthday Party, or "Get Together" as he liked to call it. Liam yanked me outside with him and walked to the front of the restaurant. "What's wrong?," he asked, still not letting go of my arm. "Nothing's wrong," I muttered, looking down at my phone again.

"Jess, I'm your brother, you can tell me anything," Liam's voice rang against my eardrums. "Nothing's wrong, I promise," I stated, shooting him my "award winning" smile, as my friends like to call it. He smiled back and pulled me into a bear hug before walking back into the restaurant.

I stood outside, my light brown hair blowing in the wind. "Whatcha doing out here?," his voice filled the space around me. "Lou?," I asked, turning around and seeing his beautiful eyes, still shining from before. "It's freezing, why are you out here?," he asked, putting his jacket on my shoulders.

I smiled and wrapped the jacket around me tighter, "It's not that cold." My goosebumps contradicted that. "Come on, let's go inside," he said, nudging me to go inside with him. I followed him back into the reception hall, where Liam's party was being held.

Harry stood up, "Where have you two been?" "Outside, getting some fresh air," I responded, shooting him another one of my "award winning" smiles. I don't know why people called it that, my smile was nothing but mediocre.

When the party finally came to a close, Liam, Ruth, Nicola and my parents met me back at the house. I plopped onto the couch, letting out a deep breath and picking up a photo album of the family from our trip to Bermuda this past Summer. Liam decided to invite the boys along as well, which is why they were in many of the pictures.

I flipped through the book rapidly until I reached a picture of Liam, Louis, Niall, Harry, Zayn and I on top of the highest rock in the world. My light brown hair was frizzy and out of place, my makeup was smeared and my skin was fairly tan.

His face was glowing with glee as he posed for the picture with his best friends. His eyes lit up the picture, the way they sparkled so lively. His chestnut brown hair swooped in front of his eyes slightly, but he was still so perfect. I remember every second of that day.

*Flashback*

I walked onto the pink sanded beach, my flip flops being thrown in front of me. Glancing at the bright blue water, I laid my towel in the sand and sat on the towel, reading my novel. "Are you coming in?," his voice echoed. I shook my head, "I'm not really a swimmer." "Oh, come on. Everyone's a swimmer," he said, smiling brightly at me.

I stood up and followed him and the 4 other boys into the water, splashing the crystal clear water with my feet as I ran in. "See? It's not too bad," he said, shooting me a smile and dunking his head under the salty water, letting his hair soak in the water.

I smiled and watched as the 4 boys horsed around in the water, having the time of their lives. Someone's arms picked me up onto their shoulders as they rose from underneath the water. "Chicken fight!," he screamed, lifting Liam onto his shoulders.

I grasped onto Harry's neck, hoping I didn't fall backwards and hurt myself. Liam wrestled me down into the water, wetting my hair and smearing my makeup. "Liam!," I screeched, trying to clean my cheeks of the black mascara that was now running down them.