Birthday Girl

It was 12:05 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I finally turned 18! I ran into the kitchen, searching for something to eat. "Jess?," I heard Lou call from behind me. I turned around, "Oh, hi Lou." He smiled and came over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled and hugged him back, "Why are you up so late?"

"Well, I couldn't sleep... our date was too amazing," he said, shooting me a smile. I smiled back, "I'm too excited to sleep." "Yeah I know, you're the birthday girl," he said, kissing my nose, "Happy Birthday." I smiled and thanked him before kissing his lips, "How'd you remember?"

"Well...every year on your birthday, the lads and I usually take you out to dinner and then we see a show, but this year, we're going to see the Rockettes," he explained, kissing my nose lightly. I smiled, "I'd actually rather stay home and have a lazy day with you." "Oh come on, it's your birthday. You have to do something fun," he said, smiling down at me. I hated how short I was compared to him, I even had to get up onto my tip toes when I wanted to kiss him.

"Can we stay home and then go out to dinner?," I asked, a little whininess in my voice. Louis sighed and nodded, "It is your birthday, you can do what you want." I smiled and kissed him gently, "I like you too much." He smiled and hugged me tight, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"Are you hungry?," he asked, his eyes glimmering. I nodded, "Just a bit." He rummaged through the cabinets, finding some chips. "Ooh yummy!," I screeched as he shushed me. "Why are you shushing me?," I asked in a whisper. "Because all of the lads are asleep," he said, placing a finger to my lips before kissing them gently.

I smiled and opened the bag of chips, sitting down on the couch. He came and draped his arm over my shoulder, switching on the TV. "What do you want to watch?," Louis asked, switching from channel to channel. "America's Next Top Model?," I asked, watching as he searched for it on the guide.

He put it on and snuggled closer to me, I never knew he liked to snuggle. "Lou?," I asked, looking at him. "Hmm?," he replied, looking down at me. "Are we...together?," I asked, looking at him with slightly glassy eyes. "If you want to be," he said, pecking my forehead with a kiss. I nodded and smiled, realizing that the guy that I've been chasing after is finally my boyfriend.

After we finished America's Next Top Model and a whole bag of chips, Lou and I decided to go to bed and get some rest. "Well, goodnight," I said, kissing his lips gently. "What do you mean?," he asked, a confused look on is face. "I'm going back to my room...," I stated, trailing off. "Oh, I thought you wanted to stay with me," he responded, shrugging his shoulders.

I let out a little gasp before nodding giddily. "Of course I'll stay with you!," I said, smiling and walking into his room. He curled under the blankets, lifting a side up for me to crawl under. I snuggled up next to him, smiling as I did so.

He wrapped his arms around my side as his breathing soothed and he fell asleep.

The next morning, Lou and I just laid in each other's arms, watching a bit of telly. "Jess and Lou! Where are you!?," Niall yelled, making me snicker. I put a finger to my lips, telling Lou to be quiet as I ran into his bathroom, hiding from Niall.

I heard Niall run into the room, "Lou! There you are!" "Yes... here I am. In my own room," Lou replied as Niall snickered a bit. "Where's Jess?," Niall asked. "I have no idea," Louis stated, making Niall leave the room. I scoffed and ran out, snuggling back into bed with Louis.

He smiled and kissed the top of my head, "It's already half 1...are you hungry?" I shrugged my shoulders, "Not really..." "Come on, let's go grab something to eat and then we'll come right back," he suggested, tugging me out of bed. I let out a groan before standing up and walking into the kitchen.