Chapter 2

(Wally’s Profile)

My crush is Richard Grayson! Holy shit man! I cannot breath right now! Breath Wall-man. I tell myself. Wow, I never thought that his I.D. would be him being a rich kid. From the circus to being rich that is an upgrade. Wow. Okay heres the thing… I really like Dick, I know he is a guy and is straight as you can get, but still… I know it is totally foolish of me to think that he will ever feel the same but I can hope and or wish right?

Gah, can I get more stupid or pathetic? Of course he doesn’t like me, he likes Zatanna, he told you himself. I yell at myself trying to knock some sense into me. I throw myself onto my bed face first and scream into the pillows. “You okay, Kid?” My Uncle Barry (The Flash) askes me. I don’t do anything, but I just lift my hand in a thumbs-up. “Okay, but if you need anything I’m right down the hall.” He says and backs out of my room. I hate liking guys…

I have known that I was gay for awhile now. I first started to notice when Rob and I founded the Young Justice team. I would look at the guys on both team (except Flash because that’s just weird) and thought that they were handsome with their abs and tight outfit. At first I was scared because straight guys don’t think that way do they? But then I just came in concept and acceptance of it. Have I told Dick? Hell no. I’m scared of what he will think of me, if he won’t want to be my friend anymore because of it.

I know I’m probably being a drama queen, but I can’t help it. My phone rings and I take it off my dresser. I look at Caller ID and see that it is from my favorite person in the world, Dick. “Hey.” I answered. “Hi, I just need you to know that Bats found out you know my secret ID… Yeah you might want to lock all doors and windows. Close the blinds and just hide in a corner… He’s coming to kill you.” He whispers into the phone. That’s when fear hit me. If I got the chance to tell someone what my worst fear is, I would have to say Batman. The guy is scary as hell. “Robin! Get in the car now!” I heard Bats yell from the back ground. Oh god… I’m screwed. “Whats going on?” I ask, worry, no fear, seeping into my voice. “Like I said… He’s coming to kill you and making me watch for my punishment.” If you know Rob like I do you could tell that his voice was laced with a grimace.

I just walked up to my door and put my desk chair underneath the door handle, while I haven’t said anything on the phone. You could hear the Batmobile in the background and Bats yelling at Robin for being so foolish and careless for letting me find out his ID. “A-Am I going to die in the next hour or so?” I asked, terrified. Silence. “Yes…” Shit. In the next minutes I found myself lying on my bed thinking of Robin. I took the chair away from my door and decided to relish these last moments with my thoughts on my Boy Wonderful.

I can tell you that I will miss him and will think lots of him in the afterlife. My door suddenly burst open and I jumped to my feet. Robin came and grabbed my hand and threw me out my window. It was three stories high, but that didn’t mean I enjoyed it. Even if I was free falling next to my insanely cute best friend. I landed in the bush underneath my window with a thud. “Now tell me why you just threw me out of my own window?” I asked groaning from the landing.

He was laying so close to me that our arms were touching. He turned his face so he meet my green eyes and smirked. “Just for fun.” He said in a snarky tone. “Wait- So Bats isn’t trying to kill me?” I asked fearful. “Yes, but not today… He decided against it.” I glared at him because I seriously thought I was going to die. “Screw you.” He just laughed.