Chapter 6

(Wally’s Profile)

I felt Dick stirr on my chest. “Mhmm.” He sighed, sounding happy to be in this position. I decided that what harm would come if I pulled him closer. I heard him sniff as he asked, “Do I smell pancakes?” Again, I thought he was dreaming so I whispered in return, “Mhmm, yeah I do.” I hugged him again. I kissed the top of his head, feeling content and happy. I felt my tummy growl and decided I should eat something before it woke up my sleeping beauty. I gently slid him off my chest, feeling a pang of sadness as my bare chest lost it’s warmth. I got out of bed and went to his side. I covered him with the quilt and made sure it went up to his shoulders. I kissed him lightly on the head. “Sleep tight Dick. I promise to save you some pancakes.” I gave him a peck on the lips. “I love how I get to act like his boyfriend when he’s asleep.” I muttered to myself, feeling sad that he probably will never return my feelings.

   He sat straight up in his bed. “W-What?” I froze in my spot. “Y-You heard m-me?” I looked away feeling my cheeks redden. “Yeah I did…” He trailed off, not meeting my eyes. “Y-You don’t h- hate me right?” I managed to get out, eyes wide with fear of rejection. “No I don’t, I actually kinda like you too…” He mumbled the last part so I had to strain to hear him. I had this sudden burst of hope and my jaw dropped in awe. “You- you do?” I asked, I couldn’t bear it if this wasn’t real, or if he was joking. He grinned as he got of the bed and stood close to me. He put his hands on my upper arms. “Of course I do, Kid Idiot. How could you not see it? I thought it was totally obvious.” He told me, smiling softly. “Seriously? I couldn’t tell whatsoever.” Dick chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my neck. I leaned in, wanting to kiss him, and put my hands on his waist.

  “You aren’t joking now are you? This isn’t a dream right?” I asked with a serious tone. I couldn’t stand it if it was a stupid dream. I have had enough of those. “If this is a dream so help me God I will kill whoever came up with dreaming.” I laughed at that and stroked his raven colored hair. I stared into those gorgeous blue eyes of his. “After so long, do I get to kiss you now?” I asked, my heart beating a thousand times louder than before. He grinned as he looked back into my eyes. “Of course you can.” Dick told my. I leaned my head down and put our lips together. At first no one knew what to do, but then they let their hearts take over and deepened the kiss. Dick soon found his fingers tangling in my red hair. I slowly (which is a shock knowing me) backed him into the wall. I took his hands, lifted them over his head and pinned them to the wall. I looked down on his and he smirked. He flipped me around so fast you would have thought it was him who has super speed and pinned my hands on the wall above my head.

  “I swear to God that if this is a dream then I will go out and face every villain on my own and win. I would be that angry.” Dick told me, anger starting to show in those amazing eyes of his. “Stay whelmed babe, try to.” I told him. He nodded and kissed me again. It was all a haze to me, but I remember we used tongue and then Uncle Barry walked in on us… “Oh my! What? When? How? What!?” Was all he got out. Dick pulled off of me and looked away with a huge blush on his cheeks. I thought he was adorable. I was flustered and rubbed the base of my neck. Barry turned to me. “How long has this been going on?” I looked down at my feet. “It started this morning. But don’t worry! Nothing bad was going to happen! I swear! Also please don’t tell Bat’s yet!” I was freaking out just a little bit. He nodded. “Okay I believe you and won’t say anything to Bruce yet. But that’s only because I trust you enough to do it on your own. Now come on, you should snag some pancakes before Wally and I eat them all Rob.”

  Dick nodded and watched as Barry left the room. Then he turned to me. “So Freshness, I have one very important question.” Dick told me hope and mischief in those blue eyes of his. “Mhm?” He was so close I could feel his breath on my neck. “Will you be my boyfriend?” He asked, his voice suddenly small. I looked at him with a huge grin. “Of course, now can we please get some food?” I whined. He nodded and I jogged out of my room taking his hand with me. He stopped, pulled on my arm and twirled me into a kiss on the lips. I chuckled. “Come on. Barry probably ate all of them." He laughed and pulled me down the stairs.