RWBY Blake x Male Reader Volume 7: Chapter 7

Bella POV

Watts: How many times have you failed now? 4? 5?

Bella: Shut up Arthur! I don't see you fighting anyone! Even Tyrian is killing people faster than you!

Watts: Thanks to who?

I sighed in frustration. I hated Arthur and Tyrian, but as much as I hate to admit, without them I wouldn't be here. I was back in Mantle because Arthur said he had something for me that'll help. Me and him were hiding in some old building I assumed was used as a hotel? But it's been abandoned for months now, or so the doctor says.

Watts: Ya know that cyborg kid is pretty interesting. Someone his age using nanotechnology like it's 3rd grade math? Mighty impressive.

Bella: Did you bring me here to give me something or to talk my ears off.

Watts: Be patient, I'm finishing the last touches.

I looked down and thought about my recent attack. I was so close, if I had just stopped being so cocky and finished things quickly! I balled my fists and a small flame formed in my hands.

Watts: Ahem!

I looked up and saw Arthur holding another ring. He handed it to me and I inspected it. This one was silver with a black trimming and bronze engravings.

Watts: While I do admire Timber, he has one giant flaw. Half of his brain is cybernetic. He's a machine, and all machine's can be hacked.

I put the ring on, and it glowed a golden color, then reverted back to normal.

Watts: I'm not saying you'll be able to fully control him, but you can implant a virus in his network, and make him see things differently. Much like Salem has done to you.

Arthur snickered at his little joke and I frowned. But I was happy I had this.

Arthur: You should lay low with Tyrian and I for a little longer. Atlas's security has only grown stronger. When the time comes, you'll make your last confrontation.

F/n POV

You, Lace, Emily, and Timber were in your dorm room making sure Lace and Emily were okay. Krystal was in the General's office, telling him about Bella. Lace was laying on the bed resting, and Emily was on her knees beside the bed, slowly petting Lace's hair. Timber was staring out the window, he's been silent ever since you all arrived. You were sitting on your bed with your head down.

Emily: How is this even real? She would never just attack us like that, or even hurt us.

Timber: I think I might know why.

You and Emily looked at Timber, but his attention was still out the window.

Timber: When she blasted me away, I caught a glimpse of a grimm on the back of her neck. A Parasite grimm. I've only seen it once before, because they're only used by Salem herself.

You: A parasite?

Timber: Yes. Once the parasite is attached, it's like a disease. It not only slowly drains your life away, the longer it's on you, the more it's able to control you. It can access your memories, your fight patterns, all knowledge you have, and it altars them, making even your most trusted companions look like enemies. The longer it's attached to its host, their chance of survival decreases once it's taken out. I think...

Timber choked up a bit, and Emily placed a hand on his shoulder.

Timber: I think that because she was dead, the parasite could access full control immediately. Even if we take it out, she'll still be dead.