RWBY Blake x Male Reader Volume 7: Chapter 9

F/n POV

It was just you and Krystal standing around, watching out for anything out of the ordinary. Timber had run after Lace and Emily. You looked down, tapping your foot.

Krystal: Hey.

You looked at her.

Krystal: I know your dragon element.

You: WHAT?! What is it?!

You shouted kind've loud, gaining the attention of a lot of the guests. You awkwardly smiled and waved at everyone, and they all turned their attention elsewhere. You looked back at your mom.

You: How do you know and I don't??

Krystal: It's all in the eyes son. See?

Krystal blinked and her eyes turned red.

You: So what is my eye color?

Krystal: That...will remain a secret until you unlock it.

You: OH! We're playing that game eh?!

Krystal: Indeed we are.

You: Well then I'll just...I'll...hmm...

Krystal ruffled your hair and giggled. You huffed and crossed your arms. You thought over what you said to her, that day before you went to the dance club.

You: I'm...I'm sorry. For what I said that night about you and Bella...I didn't mean it. I was so angry, I don't know what I was thinking.

Krystal: I understand. Although you should learn to control your anger. Outbursts like that can get you killed. When you're losing a fight, sometimes you'll let your emotions take over, you need to learn self control.

You nodded and sighed.

You: Look I...

You grabbed your head in frustration and let out a sigh, your breath quivering a bit. Krystal looked at you and laid a hand on your shoulder.

You: I know I'm pretty beat up about this situation with Bella. And I know I'm a lot to deal with. But...But I'm trying to be better. I really am, I know I'm not perfect-

Krystal pulled you into a hug. But this one was different, she hugged you like you were 12 years old, living back at your old house. She hugged you like she did when you'd wake up crying because of a nightmare, or how she hugged you when you unlocked your semblance. You leaned into it, and felt comfort. She planted a kiss on your head.

Krystal: Nobody's perfect son. You're doing a great job, and I'm very proud of you.

A small happy tear fell down your cheek, but you quickly wiped it away and scoffed.

You: Geez I'm not 10 anymore you can let go now.

Krystal: Can't a poor old mother feel joy for her ever growing child.

You: You're so dumb.

Krystal giggled and put you in a headlock. She started to give you a noogie, making you quickly try to escape her iron grip.

You: Cut it out! No!

You both looked up and saw everyone looking at you again. Krystal let go and you quickly dusted yourself off, both of you regaining your posture.

Krystal: He uh...had a bug on his head. I got it.

She gave a thumbs up, and you groaned and put your head down. One of the guests yelled out.

Guest: Are you two okay?

You: Perfectly fine thanks for asking.

The guests all turned away again.